Any way to get a free beverage package?

Actually, there is a way to get something free from RCCL. They promote a game on Facebook called My Vegas, You play for free and get points which you can redeem with RCCL for OBC. Totally free to do

We've just booked a Med cruise for 2016 while on board Legend and received "free" all-inclusive beverage package plus gratuities. However we were NOT eligible for the BOGOHO promotion, being from the UK, so we still lose out compared to those US and Canadian folks booking the same cruise!

I've seen "free" beverage packages offered to UK bookings, but not yet for US bookings. Also note that Royal has a different defintion of "free" than most of us.

Correct, they do sometimes offer free Select drinks packages (wine, beer, soft drinks) in the UK, however it's a bit of a con. I tracked the prices for Anthem for our July sailing for several months before booking and when the 'free' drinks package offer expired the price of our cruise for 2 cabins reduced by £1600!! That's when I booked as there is no way we would get through that amount of drinks.

Very often the UK price is way more than the US price anyway. Also, if you book via a TA in the UK you can't cancel without losing your deposit.

The travel club we are members of recently offered an OBC and one soda package per cabin as a perk to book.

I noticed during this "incentive" period our cruise sailing was more than what we paid when we booked last July.

So, it probably wasn't that great of a deal.

Our free beverage package for September was part of a promotion too including free gratuities reduced deposit and some OBC. The cruise price had actually reduced considerably from an earlier price we had been quoted on board Adventure, hence why we booked. The price has now gone back up - so we think we did ok for once!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually, there is a way to get something free from RCCL. They promote a game on Facebook called My Vegas, You play for free and get points which you can redeem with RCCL for OBC. Totally free to do

Really? Is there anything special I have to do with MyVegas to get the RCCL points?

So I checked this out and it appears to only be good for new bookings. Can you confirm this or can I use it on my already booked cruise later this year?

So I checked this out and it appears to only be good for new bookings. Can you confirm this or can I use it on my already booked cruise later this year?

No, its only good for new bookings, must be redeemed when you book, and is only good for 30 day, so virtually impossible to use for some.....

Really? Is there anything special I have to do with MyVegas to get the RCCL points?

Just play, check out the rewards section to see what RCCL offers, there are also offers for a bunch of vegas hotels

Our free beverage package for September was part of a promotion too including free gratuities reduced deposit and some OBC. The cruise price had actually reduced considerably from an earlier price we had been quoted on board Adventure, hence why we booked. The price has now gone back up - so we think we did ok for once!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ditto.

There was a cruise show in London and RCL failed to show. Instead they had a weekend promotion to include drinks, OBC and grats. I cancelled the cruise I had booked (lost the deposit) rebooked, got the same room all the extras and still saved around £150.

Ditto.

There was a cruise show in London and RCL failed to show. Instead they had a weekend promotion to include drinks, OBC and grats. I cancelled the cruise I had booked (lost the deposit) rebooked, got the same room all the extras and still saved around £150.

I did the same for my 2 week cruise on the Explorer this July. I lost my £300 deposit but gained £850 in free drinks and grats. The cruise price was the same as what I'd originally booked, so I'm up by £550. Happy days!

I've also got free Premium drinks and free grants for our 13 night cruise in the Baltics next July. I got a price from a US based cruise agent and although the cruise price was much cheaper than booking in the UK, the drinks and grats package made the overall price much cheaper here in the UK.

Edited by Mim Lloyd

I could be wrong, but I believe it is only good for 30 days from the time you redeem it. Not from the time you sail. I could be wrong but it is worth looking into.

It is 30 days from the date you redeem it ..meaning that you must book your cruise within that time frame and there are only certain cruises..we tried to use ours but we couldn't because our cruise is a 7 day and they told us it was good on most 5 or less cruises.

It is 30 days from the date you redeem it ..meaning that you must book your cruise within that time frame and there are only certain cruises..we tried to use ours but we couldn't because our cruise is a 7 day and they told us it was good on most 5 or less cruises.

I looked at the different offers and some are for 4 days or less and others are for seven day cruises.

I've seen "free" beverage packages offered to UK bookings, but not yet for US bookings. Also note that Royal has a different defintion of "free" than most of us.

I can assure you that even when they offer a "free" drinks package for the UK market, the cost has been "included" in the hiked price.

As I was once told........You get nothing free in this world.

I can assure you that even when they offer a "free" drinks package for the UK market, the cost has been "included" in the hiked price.

As I was once told........You get nothing free in this world.

I'd usually agree with you but not in this case. We'd already booked our upcoming 14 night Med cruisecruise in July when, a month later, RCI released their free grats and drink packages promotion. I ended up cancelling my existing reservation and immediately rebooking it in the same cabin for exactly the same price that I originally had. The difference though was that I got the freebies which were worth about £840. Even accounting for losing my original £300 deposit I'm still up by over £500.

I know that I'm gonna get a little hate for asking this, but is there any way to get a free beverage package from RCI? Are there specific times of the year that they are offered? Specific travel agents that offer them?

when I booked through our TA, I got the drinks, parking at Southampton and $300 on board spend :)

I'd usually agree with you but not in this case. We'd already booked our upcoming 14 night Med cruisecruise in July when, a month later, RCI released their free grats and drink packages promotion. I ended up cancelling my existing reservation and immediately rebooking it in the same cabin for exactly the same price that I originally had. The difference though was that I got the freebies which were worth about £840. Even accounting for losing my original £300 deposit I'm still up by over £500.

good call !!

I had been watching our next cruise on Anthem for months prior to booking, the pricing was well over the top of what we would normally pay.

Royal must get a lot of early booker who pay high prices otherwise why keep the prices so high for so long.

They also started the free select drinks and gratuities offer, even this did not tempt us.

then a new offer arrived, select and $400 OBC, still did not tempt us, then eventually around February the price dropped suddenly by £600 and still included the offers.

we booked a balcony guarantee at the lowest non obstructed, then a couple of days later we got our cabin number and had been upgraded to the next level balcony :-)

Hence we got better balcony and drinks and $400 OBC for a similar price to what we paid last year on INDY without the drinks offer.

The price has since dropped further as the drinks offer was removed, but I still feel we are still in credit, unless they further discount the cabins to fill her up closer to sail date.

As the drinks and package prices are going up and up onboard, the savings are in our favour as we got the package at a discount ( I understand its not free)

The only way to get a lower price is to just wait it out and do without any packages and don't spend anything onboard :p not something we tend to do