Half Moon Cay

kapcruiser

A cabana on Half moon will be the best money you've ever spent on a cruise. I agree with a previous poster that said to try to get # 7 or higher to get away from the crowds. We were in # 9 a couple of weeks ago. Great location

I told my wife this trip that if Carnival would come up with a cruise that just went to Half Moon for a week , spending every day relaxing on that beautiful beach and the evening back on the ship for the food and entertainment , it would sell out every cruise guaranteed

That's a great idea!!

I tried two weeks ago to book a cabana for a July Carnival Glory visit at HMC. All I got was the no tickets left message. I found that there were two villas left. I quickly booked one even though there is just the two of us and the villa cost in $500 which allows 8 people in it.

Right after booking it I went to as many Roll Call sites I could find and posted that I had booked a villa and would be willing to sell the other 6 places to people who were interested. Within a week I had 5 other people who wanted to do it (2 from Facebook roll call and 3 from a cruise critic rolol cal). So, if you want to take a little risk (no more than playing the stock market) you have an option when there are no cabanas left.

Since we only paid a total of $220 for a week in a balcony cabin plus taxes and fees, even if the other 5 back out when we get to the ship, we will have a bigger audience to find replacements. I can always go from table to table in the dining room on the first and second nights hawking my Villa chairs. :)

Is it worth it to get a cabana for just two of us? We like the beach and water, love to people watch, but also like to have a place to sit down and relax? Do we need a cabana? And will renting a cabana allow us to tender early?

We love our cabana, and there are only two of us [emoji2]

Yes, having a cabana counts as an excursion and you get priority tendering. You also get to use the tram to get out to your cabana from the entry gate. We had the tram come and pick us up last time.

YMMV

Edited by Anthomaniac

been there 5 times and no cabana for me, lounge chair under a tree is free, add a bucket of beer and all is good. Two warnings, the trees have pointy thinks that fall and poke your feet and the bucket had 5 or 6 beers and cost more. :)

We were there the first week in May and did not get a cabana -- we did rent a clamshell for $25. though which came in handy as it rained most of the day. If it had been sunny, it would have been nice to get out of the sun for a bit but as it stood, it was a big old umbrella that we could lay under and still enjoy the beautiful water. (we went back to the ship at noon and avoided the thunder and lightning and REALLY REALLY ROCKY tenders!)

We had a villa last year - split it with other family members. It was outstanding! The absolute best part was having a bathroom with a shower so that you didn't have to go back to the ship in a sandy, wet bathing suit. I would recommend to anyone with enough people to make it cost efficient. After two trips there, I can say without a doubt that Half Moon Cay is the most beautiful place I have ever been to in my entire life.