Premium Drinks Package

I'm recently off of the Independence of the seas and am still left with a few questions regarding the drinks package... I paid for the Ultimate package but from what I could see there was no difference in the choice of alcohol between the premium and ultimate? Does anyone know if this is the case? For instance can you still get long island iced teas and all other cocktails/frozen cocktails with the premium package, if so apart from sparkling water, specialty coffees/teas and OJ is there actually any more alcoholic choice?

Cheers,

Fraser

Thank you,

I did think that was the case, my own misunderstanding at the time. I was somehow under the impression that there were alcoholic cocktails that were not available on Premium that would be covered under Ultimate.

Fraser

I'm off on the liberty in August so I think I will opt for the premium package instead if that's the case. I rarely drink coffee or tea so that wont be an issue, I do believe that bottled still water is still covered under the premium package?

I'm off on the liberty in August so I think I will opt for the premium package instead if that's the case. I rarely drink coffee or tea so that wont be an issue, I do believe that bottled still water is still covered under the premium package?

That's correct. The Ultimate adds sparkling water, fresh juice and specialty coffee/tea.

Thank you,

I did think that was the case, my own misunderstanding at the time. I was somehow under the impression that there were alcoholic cocktails that were not available on Premium that would be covered under Ultimate.

Fraser

I don't think you are alone. I thnk Royal's marketing material is designed to makes it sound like the Ultimate package includes more alcoholic drinks.

Question-We are traveling on the Indy in June and are seriously considering the premium package. Were you ever charged a difference for alcohol? My understanding is that all drinks within a certain price range would be included so what are the things that wouldn't be included? For instance, I love champagne and I am so excited about the champagne bar but will most of the champagnes be included in this price? I'm worried about paying $800 for a week of drinks if I will still get charged extra for some things on board. In your opinion, was the drink package worth it? Thank you so much for your time!

Edited by amberjo85

I was on liberty 2 weeks ago and had the premium package. You paid just $2.36 extra for a glass of moet and chandon. $2 plus tip of 36 cents. But could only get it at champagne bar and in the restaurants- not on the deck bars. The package includes drinks up to $12 and the moet was $14. It wasn't worth it for us as we had CL access and the drinks range there was good. I am on brilliance without CL access and will be getting the package on there (we had the standard included as we are British and as a nation we need free booze to encourage is to book and will pay to upgrade the select to premium )

Edited by Barnaby100

I don't think you are alone. I thnk Royal's marketing material is designed to makes it sound like the Ultimate package includes more alcoholic drinks.

It worked then, they just got $10 a day extra out of OP!

Question-We are traveling on the Indy in June and are seriously considering the premium package. Were you ever charged a difference for alcohol? My understanding is that all drinks within a certain price range would be included so what are the things that wouldn't be included? For instance, I love champagne and I am so excited about the champagne bar but will most of the champagnes be included in this price? I'm worried about paying $800 for a week of drinks if I will still get charged extra for some things on board. In your opinion, was the drink package worth it? Thank you so much for your time!

We got "bubbles" in the champagne bar on Adventure in May on the Premium. it was only expensive brandys and such that werent included. You can always ask before you order. I'm sure they get asked "whats free?" lots!

I 3 cruises, I was charged only once for wine over $12.00. I knew the limit, and the server at dinner, let me know that will happen and I was happy.

Also, unless you really like specialty coffees and want fresh OJ for breakfast, the extra $10.00 is not worth it. You can drink all the "black" coffee you want for free!

Premium cocktails (up to $12 value) --- Is this still the limit with package? If prices have increased and cocktails are over that (someone said 14 for pina colada), do you pay the premium over $12 like with wine? I was just thinking the limit on package might increase if base prices had increased.

Premium cocktails (up to $12 value) --- Is this still the limit with package? If prices have increased and cocktails are over that (someone said 14 for pina colada), do you pay the premium over $12 like with wine? I was just thinking the limit on package might increase if base prices had increased.

The limit is still $12 for wine and cocktails. Anything over that would only require the difference to be paid.

I think the $14 was after gratuities. Drinks $12 before grats are included in the package

I am a coffee person. I like it, I need it, I have it every day. What do they mean by specialty coffee? I like a very good quality coffee, but prefer it black, or 'Americana'. I have the premium package. I am good or no? I am not looking for the mocha latte variety of coffee, but good coffee, not the kind from the big dispenser in the buffet! Help!

I am a coffee person. I like it, I need it, I have it every day. What do they mean by specialty coffee? I like a very good quality coffee, but prefer it black, or 'Americana'. I have the premium package. I am good or no? I am not looking for the mocha latte variety of coffee, but good coffee, not the kind from the big dispenser in the buffet! Help!

Specialty coffee is anything espresso based, available for-fee from Cafe Lattetudes or Cafe Promenade. These are included in the Ultimate Package or Royal Replenish package.

I enjoy lattes so I got the replenish and was happy with that choice

I need my daily frappe caramel.. hope they have those under the UP? :)

At least you only pay the difference if a drink cost more than $12.. As fra as I understand on Carnival you have to pay the full price if the drink is more expensive than the limit.

Edited by Mjoellnir

All my cocktails and spirits were included however we did not go to the champagne bar. I do believe some champagne would be covered but like other posters have mentioned any drinks above $12 and you will be charged the extra amount.

I'm recently off of the Independence of the seas and am still left with a few questions regarding the drinks package... I paid for the Ultimate package but from what I could see there was no difference in the choice of alcohol between the premium and ultimate? Does anyone know if this is the case? For instance can you still get long island iced teas and all other cocktails/frozen cocktails with the premium package, if so apart from sparkling water, specialty coffees/teas and OJ is there actually any more alcoholic choice?

Cheers,

Fraser

Alcohol is the same! Ultimate includes speciality coffees etc which the other does not!

Thank you Fraser for asking and thank you cflower04 for the response. I've been in the process of trying to decide between the Premium and the Ultimate. While I do like my espresso-based coffees, I can live without them or just budget in for like one per day. I'm not all about having to have fresh squeezed juice, and since I'll be on a running cruise, I'll have at least one water bottle with me (empty and filled the day of). I was trying to figure out which liquors would be included in the Ultimate but not the Premium. Glad to know it's pretty much just a marketing ploy. :)

Thank you Fraser for asking and thank you cflower04 for the response. I've been in the process of trying to decide between the Premium and the Ultimate. While I do like my espresso-based coffees, I can live without them or just budget in for like one per day. I'm not all about having to have fresh squeezed juice, and since I'll be on a running cruise, I'll have at least one water bottle with me (empty and filled the day of). I was trying to figure out which liquors would be included in the Ultimate but not the Premium. Glad to know it's pretty much just a marketing ploy. :)

No problem! I'm just glad I can still enjoy my Italian and Long Island Beach Teas on a premium package :D

All my cocktails and spirits were included however we did not go to the champagne bar. I do believe some champagne would be covered but like other posters have mentioned any drinks above $12 and you will be charged the extra amount.

Just off the Liberty and NO problem with the Champagne, the best quality Champs covered under the package is the Domain Chandon. ENJOY!

Just off the Liberty and NO problem with the Champagne, the best quality Champs covered under the package is the Domain Chandon. ENJOY!

Thanks!

Looking forward to the Liberty in August now! Loved her when she was sailing out from Barcelona.