Prepaying gratuities

imperialwizard

When you pay your gratuity in advance of your cruise,does this get indicated anywhere on your paperwork from either NCL or your travel agent.?I can see the value on my TA invoice but no mention of what the value refers to.On my NCL web account I can see no mention.Is this normal?

When you pay your gratuity in advance of your cruise,does this get indicated anywhere on your paperwork from either NCL or your travel agent.?I can see the value on my TA invoice but no mention of what the value refers to.On my NCL web account I can see no mention.Is this normal?

It should be in the Vacation Summary on MyNCL. What happens if you click on the area to prepay gratuities? Does it indicate that they are still available to prepay?

If you are unsure, ask your TA to get you an Amenities Sheet - it will show all your promos, TA perks, and prepaid items (grats, shore excursions, etc.).

Yes, if it's not already somewhere on your invoice you should ask your TA to give you written confirmation (either a document that they produce, or a document that they get from NCL and pass on to you). This is just in case wires get crossed and the daily service charge ends up appearing on your on board account. You will want to have some paperwork to show that you have already paid it.

Sorry to jump in on someone elses topic, but I can't see where on MyNcl you can pay for gratuities- can I not see this because I selected not to pre-pay when I booked? I thought it might let me change my mind and pay them online- maybe I have to call!

My OH wouldn't let me choose to pre-pay when we booked 'because what if we get bad service' :rolleyes: but I'd rather pre-pay so our on board bill isn't so big!

Sorry to jump in on someone elses topic, but I can't see where on MyNcl you can pay for gratuities- can I not see this because I selected not to pre-pay when I booked? I thought it might let me change my mind and pay them online- maybe I have to call!

My OH wouldn't let me choose to pre-pay when we booked 'because what if we get bad service' :rolleyes: but I'd rather pre-pay so our on board bill isn't so big!

Its the tab in Vacation Summary that says 'Pre-pay Service Charges'.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Thanks, doesn't seem to be there for me though. There's a 'payment' tab but it just shows how much I have paid.

I think that may be because you are in the UK. Did you book thru the US or UK?

I booked on the UK site- so I guess we might have a different 'MyNCL' interface!

If that's the case, give the UK branch or your travel agent a call to see if it was or at least make a payment beforehand.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Is it possible to pre-pay my own gratuities, but not the other 2 in my party (I don't think they wanna do that)? Every time I try it wants the whole $288 for 3 of us and I can't find the option to do just mine

You will have to call for that or pay onboard. The system would not allow me to do that either.