Cruiseline Air

Huck

Pros: If problems, cruiseline is responsible for getting you to the next port of call ... note this doesn't mean they will hold the ship for you for an extended period of time.

Cons: Usually more expensive and also usually the worst flight times with possible long layovers, overnights, and red-eyes.

Pros - with cruiseline air, should their be a flight delay, they MAY hold the ship for you. It is easier to get your money back or flights changed without penalty if your cruise is cancelled, delayed or home port changed.

Cons - it could be more expensive, they almost always fly you in on the day of the cruise making for a very hectic day. They always book very late and the cheapest they can this could result in difficulty seating your group together etc.

If I used the cruiselines air--it seems that it cost 50% more then what I can do on my own.

You dont get to pick your times-unless you paid extra for a diviation. Cruiselines also seem to pick the worse possible times and connections.

if you do book using the cruiselines-- they are responsable to get you to your destination. The ship wont wait--but the cruiseline will pay to get you to the next port.

Do yourself a huge saving favor---book your own and head down the day before.

Some of the pro and cons I have run across and I have used both. Pro's if anything should happen to your flight a carnival knows about it and will make the proper arrangements to ensure you get on the ship from holding the ship a little longer to flying you to the first stop. Along with that if the ship is moved due to weather or some other issue i.e. conquest being moved to Galvaston Carnival will make the arrangements to get you there.

Now for the con's the price of the ticket is going to be higher than what you might be able to find by yourself. You don't have the flexiblity as you would with booking your own. You are able to have some of this flexiblity but it comes at a higher cost. For the same reason I listed above you have with con side of things such having to pay more money if the cruise ship is moved to another port (transfer costs). If you flight is late getting to you to the port city you are responsible for the costs and carnival more than likely wont wait. Now some of this can be offset having travel insurance.

Now you might want to check and see what it would cost in travel insurance to have all this covered and you might find that the extra amount plus the cost of the cruise and flight might be more than just the cost for carnivaled booked flight cruise and you insurance. As in the case of my cruise on the Destiny. The cruise/flight through Carnival was cheaper than doing myself with insurance to cover the costs of something were to happen to my flight

We will be flying from Indianapolis to LAX the day of the cruise. The options for flights out of here to get us to the ship are limited. I figured roll the dice with Carnival and make them responsible for getting us on the ship. What is the deviation? Does that mean I pick the flights i want for an extra fee?

the deviation means you get to pick your flights-- with what is left over. Usually cost between 50-100 pp

Huck try checking what flights are available using online sites like travelocity and expedia.. carnival will use the same flights you can find... is flying in the day before not an option?

Archived