Kids and UBP

helpmecruise16

I swear I tried to find the answer to this before posting and couldn't find it among the million UBP threads...

Can kids get virgin drinks with their UBP? My kids don't drink soda, but love smoothies and virgin strawberry dacquiries, etc. - would they be able to get those with the package? Also, where would they get those? Can they order from the bar or do I need to get them with my card?

Thanks!

I swear I tried to find the answer to this before posting and couldn't find it among the million UBP threads...

Can kids get virgin drinks with their UBP? My kids don't drink soda, but love smoothies and virgin strawberry dacquiries, etc. - would they be able to get those with the package? Also, where would they get those? Can they order from the bar or do I need to get them with my card?

Thanks!

No, they get the soda package, which does not include virgin drinks.

If by kids you mean individuals under 21, then no. They would not be able to have the UBP.

If you mean that the kids will have the soda card, then no... virgin frozen drinks are not included in the soda package.

This irritates me. I will have the UBP through the promo on my Feb 2016 cruise. It will be just me and my dd. even though we are 2 guests, she only gets soda because she is a kid. I think as passenger #2 in the cabin, she should get UBP without the alcohol instead of just a soda card. She would LOVE to get virgin drinks. Just my 2 cents. Not enough to keep me from enjoying my cruise, but irritating nonetheless.

This irritates me. I will have the UBP through the promo on my Feb 2016 cruise. It will be just me and my dd. even though we are 2 guests, she only gets soda because she is a kid. I think as passenger #2 in the cabin, she should get UBP without the alcohol instead of just a soda card. She would LOVE to get virgin drinks. Just my 2 cents. Not enough to keep me from enjoying my cruise, but irritating nonetheless.

How do you think I feel? My niece will be 20.25 years old and is a vegan who does not drink sodas. She is into healthy smoothies.

Frustrating.

My daughter who is going to be 20 when we cruise can drink wine and beer on the ship. She can only have the soda card as per ncl not ubp so she has to pay for any wine she gets with dinner. Would be nice if they could give her the ubp and mark her card beer and wine only.

Under 3 they don't even give the soda card. Personally I'm fine with that; not going to give our kid soda anyways (maybe 1 or 2 times in vacation) but just thought I'd mention another small asterisk mark there.

PCC said we should use order packages to order juice as well. What juices come with UBP?

Under 3 they don't even give the soda card. Personally I'm fine with that; not going to give our kid soda anyways (maybe 1 or 2 times in vacation) but just thought I'd mention another small asterisk mark there.

PCC said we should use order packages to order juice as well. What juices come with UBP?

Fresh squeezed juices are excluded. I can't think of what other juices there would normally be a charge for.

This stinks!

On the Allure, my son drank unlimited mango smoothies with his soda card. They also had the freestyle coke machines where he was able to get different flavor punches and lemonades.

Wish all ships would think more of the children.

Edited by goofygal531

It's annoying for us too because we have two cabins so one adult in each cabin so where we could have four UBP in the promo we end up with two and our kids are stuck with soda, which they don't drink. I know this isn't the end of the world or anything but still annoying.

This stinks!

On the Allure, my son drank unlimited mango smoothies with his soda card. They also had the freestyle coke machines where he was able to get different flavor punches and lemonades.

Wish all ships would think more of the children.

I love the package the kids had on the Enchantment! It included EVERYTHING, including Starbucks Frappachinos and bottled water.

• 1 month later...

The "juices" in the buffet are not really juice rather flavored water. I've had a bar tender hand my daughter a virgin strawberry daiquiri without the UBP card and never swiped my card for it after we stood in line together to order it and she is 4 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't there other options in the promo to choose from when you booked beside the beverage package? Just use your card to order a virgin drink for your daughter.

I'm in the same situation. DD16 is pax #2 in the cabin and we got the promo. She is a full paying pax but by virtue of the fact that she's 16, she can't order virgin drinks :confused: Makes perfect sense...

So, maybe I order a virgin drink on my card, and maybe I change my mind and rather than waste it, I give it to her..

I would not do this if I were purchasing the card but as its offered to the first 2 guests in the room and she is the 2nd, I won't feel too bad...

This is were I think Celebrity and Royal do a good job. They offer a non-alcoholic version of the UBP where you can get coffees, water bottles, smoothies and virgin frozen drinks. We got that for me & my sons' while my dh had the alcohol package.

I'm taking my mom on the Breakaway in March and the soda package is great for her since she drinks it a lot.