my time dining questions

I am cruising in June and have my time dining. I am able to make reservations online for each day- I'm assuming this is better than waiting until you are on the ship to book a time. Anything I should know before I book? Can you change the reservation online and/or on the ship once I reserve?

Also- the show times aren't up yet on their website...does anyone know how close to the cruise these go up? If it will be soon, maybe I'll wait on the dining until I see show times.

I'm not sure if it's better to make the reservations ahead of time or not. We chose to just make them as soon as we board. You can modify your reservations on line, and you can also rearrange them once on board. As for the shows, the first night there will be 1 show, and it's usually around 9:45pm. The other main shows will be at 7pm and 9pm throughout the week. We're scheduled for the ice show in the afternoon, but I do know there's another one, just not the time.

Edited by ciera123

If you want to eat quite early, I recommend booking as soon as you can. We left it late last year (still a few weeks before we sailed:eek:) and struggled to get a table sorted, so ended up with a table in first sitting.

Yes you can amend reservations on board.

Edited by Spurschick

The rest of your family needs to call RCI and have their reservation linked to yours. Once they do so will see their numbers below yours. Dan

If you go to our reservation we are all linked but I am only able to reserve my time dining for 9 of us not 11. It won't allow me to add the last reservation number to the my time dining reservation time.

I may be crazy here but if you have anytime dining what is the idea of a reservation? I like to eat when I feel like it and on other lines have never made a reservation and never had a problem getting a table. Don't really know now what time we want to eat. New to RCI, giving it another try after 1 disasterous cruise after which I said I would never book again. Maybe I should rethink here, also have never made a reservation to see a show. I can see this cruise will entail a lot of pre cruise thinking.

I may be crazy here but if you have anytime dining what is the idea of a reservation?...

Some people like the idea of eating at the same time every night, but don't like the traditional dining times.

I may be crazy here but if you have anytime dining what is the idea of a reservation? I like to eat when I feel like it and on other lines have never made a reservation and never had a problem getting a table. Don't really know now what time we want to eat. New to RCI, giving it another try after 1 disasterous cruise after which I said I would never book again. Maybe I should rethink here, also have never made a reservation to see a show. I can see this cruise will entail a lot of pre cruise thinking.

I had no choice but to book my time dining since traditional was not available. This is my first time for my time dining and I've heard that you can run into waits if you go during popular dinner hours, so I figured it's best to reserve (especially since most of our schedule/excursions are set)

I'm the same way. I like just going to eat when I'm hungry and not when I'm scheduled to do so. Do we have to reserve a time or can we just show up when we feel like.

First time on RCI and I'm confused at this also. Anytime dining to us means eating anywhere between the designated times.

First time on RCI and I'm confused at this also. Anytime dining to us means eating anywhere between the designated times.

On Royal, My Time is your choice, show up when you want, or make reservations, ar any combination.

Edited by clarea

I booked a last minute cruise once. Within 9 days of sailing. The only thing available was MTD. I made reservations for each night at 6:00. LOL.

Shows revolve around dinner times. Many people book the same time every night. Since you need to book abound show times, I personally see no purpose in it. Plus, if you don't make a reservation, than you "might" need to wait in line. Guess, I like walking in, sitting down, knowing who my waiter is, and enjoying my meal.

If you have a large group, it is also better to keep it simple, and stick with a traditional dining. Saves all the hassles!

I agree with "Having Fun" I would rather walk in to my assigned table and eat and leave. We had no choice but book MTD because Traditional quickly sold out. The MTD does not make things easier but harder--all these reservations shows-excursions--and now regular dinning--is making me tired--which I am already tired--I need a vacation. It is giving me stress--I've read about waiting in line--and one of the nights we couldn't get a time unless it was late which is now interfering with show time. We may do a specialty restaurant that night. I am also not pleased with the huge drink price--which having one drink for my husband and son and girlfriend--we are taking them for graduation present--we usually have a drink with dinner and one in afternoon at pool on sea day--could add 500 to 1000 dollars for us. Last time we cruised on Allure a good amount of the food was simply awful. We told them we were being forced to eat in the paying restaurants. We couldn't even cut or chew into the steak. They said they had a different vendor. It was like roast meat that had been fried or broiled. I cannot tell you how bad it was. My husband wants me to book at least 3 specialty this time. This may be our last cruise.

Have done MTD on RCI for one cruise - think my longest wait was about 10 minutes... normally was a "2 of you? Happy to sit with others? Right this way" kind of thing. Thus, for our upcoming cruise we have the same - I'd rather wait for up to 10 minutes outside the restaurant than have to eat at a prearranged time every day (which might mean either waiting for said time when I was hungry 2 hours earlier, or having to eat too early).