So….Which specialty restaurant??

chill6x6

So we have a suite booked aboard the Caribbean Princess and included is complimentary cover charge for one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation evening. Which one would YOU pick?

As many have stated, Crown Grill is a steakhouse. While my DH can find multiple choices for him there that he can enjoy, as a vegetarian, I am limited to a salad and the side dishes. I have been to steakhouses in many places that offer something more to us non-meat eaters - in South Africa one of the places there did a marvelous baked cheese plate as did a place I ate in in Israel. It can be done and isn't hard - but considering the "veggie burger" on Princess seems to be formed mashed potatoes, guess I should not expect much.

Obviously, I prefer Sabatini's where I have a wide choice of foods.

Peggy

We had a comp dinner on Regal for the same reason. We much prefer Sabatini's. In fact, we went back again on the same cruise. Just our preference but we're not that impressed with the steak house. Wife says she been spoiled by my steaks which are much better than she can get elsewhere.

We are also in the camp that prefers Sabatinis to the Crown Grill. The last few times we've cruised with Princess the quality of the beef in the Crown Grill has declined in our opinion. My husband grills a much better steak here at home. We found the choices at Sabatinis to be more to our tastes, but everyone has their own opinion.

We go to either one, or both, on each cruise and can honestly say, we have more often been pleased with Sabatini's. We have NEVER had a good steak in the steak house but we keep trying different cuts with hopes we will find the better choice. We also don't care for the atmosphere in the steak house compared to Sabatinis. And like someone mentioned earlier, we've had better, more tender steaks in the main dining room.I just don't think the extra $70+ has that much more value than dining in the main dining room. The experience and meal has been so much more enjoyable on different cruise lines. I'm really happy that so many people enjoy their steaks and enjoy their experience in the Crowne Grill.

Hmmmm… So maybe we can just flip a COIN!!

For sure Sabatini's would be more of a new experience. The items on the menu that I have seen would be something DIFFERENT for sure! I have to admit that sometimes I can be somewhat overwhelmed with some of the Italian menu items...