Royal nights

Just received an email from RCI saying from may the 6th on all anthem sailings, the second night will be "Royal night". not sure of the details, but it sounds good.

However, ya'll were right about the formal nights :)

Stitch ..... #gutted

Here is the email mentioned, so read for yourselves:

Dear Mr. *****,

We apologise for the confusion.

As it stands, there are no set "formal" nights on Anthem unless you choose

to dine at The Grande which is our formal dress code restaurant.

From May 6, the second evening on every Anthem sailing will be a "Royal

Evening", we are not able to discuss any further information on Royal

Evenings at the moment, an official e-mail containing all the details and

information will be sent shortly to all of our guests sailing on Anthem on

or after May 6.

Regards,

Gabby M.

Guest Support Unit

Royal Caribbean International & Azamara Club Cruises

UK & Ireland Guest & Trade Services

Building 3 The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0NY

a big thank you to my cohort sausage for posting the email.

It's just made the whole thing very interesting.

The last email wasn't from Ms Garcia either.

excited !! (not quite wetting my Y fronts)

Stitch x

Hopefully not from NJ also. Booked the Anthem for NOT to have formal nights and all related fuzz and now they are bringing back something similar.

How hard it is for Royal Caribbean to stick in the plans?

I just got back from Anthem's Maiden Voyage. They had 2 Royal nights - 2nd and 6th. We weren't aware till we got on the ship. Some were dressed in formal attire while others were very casual. The cruise director staff were formal. On the 2nd Royal night, they did an inaugural balloon drop. More passengers were dressed formally. You can still dress casually as I have seen on other cruises where there are official formal nights.

I just got back from Anthem's Maiden Voyage. They had 2 Royal nights - 2nd and 6th. We weren't aware till we got on the ship. Some were dressed in formal attire while others were very casual. The cruise director staff were formal. On the 2nd Royal night, they did an inaugural balloon drop. More passengers were dressed formally. You can still dress casually as I have seen on other cruises where there are official formal nights.

It was actually the 2nd and 7th night that was "Royal night" with their limited menu offers. We where feeling really sad when we sat in Silk on the 2nd night - we had been looking forward to trying some of their specialities.

What's the point in having 4 dining rooms with each their distinctive properties, if you every other night make the same limited offerings in all 4 restaurants.

On the 7th we where in Izumi (already booked from home) but had we been offered the menu again in any dining room then we would have stood up and gone to the Windjammer instead.

If (when) we are on a Dynamic Dining ship again I'll make sure to inquire which evenings it is, and place our speciality bookings on those days.

IMO this "Royal Evening" is RCCL grovelling to the protesters of progress (Dynamic Dining).

Our next trip is on Independence, so a more classic experience although we've opted for my-time dining. So maybe I will have another take on these matters then. DH is not adventurous enough for classic dining yet :)

Menu attached (orig file at https://www.dropbox.com/s/njc04xv0ytuchzo/2015-04-24%2000.15.59.jpg?dl=0)

br

Nicolai

1358139589_2015-04-2400_15_59.jpg.93d8263a26e105a893fd06d61b30903b.jpg

There sure does seem to be a lot of the "unknowns" with Royal. :eek:

I think that this is because even Royal is still trying to figure things out.

They're not used to having so much negativity and so many changes in flight right after a launch.

So now they're just throwing darts to see if they can regain some positive vibes and right the ship.

This seems like it's another experiment to improve the situation (which I don't think is all that bad).

But every time they take one step forward, they seem to bang into another wall (see the pissed off people on the Dream Works thead)!

I think they may have hired the wrong people for this roll-out, starting with their PR firm, and whoever gave them advice on how to roll out the announcements about the Quantum of the Seas and how to hype it.

They'll definitely have some lessons learned.