What are those scrambled eggs made of really?

crusinpsychRN

Asked and answered incorrectly. The eggs are liquid pasteurized eggs, not dried and then reconstituted. I don't care for them either, btw.

Correct, and they are on view for everyone to see at the omelet station.

And, they are liquid for convenience... can you imagine some poor schlep cracking and scrambling eggs in the back for thousands of people everyday? How about shells in the eggs? how about diseases egg shells can carry?

If they were organic golden eggs, someone would complain that they weren't platinum and vegan...you can't win...

Gosh, I must be the only person on the planet who actually likes the scrambled eggs. :confused:

LuLu

No you have company. I like them too. But I have to add that I also like all of the Farcus decors on the Carnival ships that I have been on:D I know that I am usually if not always in the minority of how opinions go on this board.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

Liquid eggs can keep for up to 1 year once frozen. Shelled eggs don't. As someone said the shell may carry disease. Pasteurized egg has that extra "kill" step that a cracked in front of you egg doesn't. Go for the omelette to add flavor (cheese etc) if you prefer.

I will only eat eggs I see actually cracked at the omelette station or something like eggs benedict that has a real egg. I hate the taste of the liquid eggs. I don't even order scrambled eggs in a land-based restaurant just in case they aren't real.

You do realize that eggs in a carton are "real" eggs??

Large batches of scrambled eggs are often made using a poaching technique. Basically, it means that the eggs are cooked in boiling water and then have a bit of oil added once they come out of the water. Based on the consistently of the eggs, it wouldn't surprise me if that's how Carnival cooks their scrambled eggs (it would also explain why there is never a well done batch of scrambled eggs - never even a hit of brown egg crust - I don't care how good you are at cooking scrambled eggs, you'd mess up at least once or twice)

I know I am eating the same product when I order an omelet as when I get scrambled eggs. I hate the taste of scrambled eggs, but in an omelet with cheese, tomato and onions, the taste is nowhere near the same. Perhaps you should try it and see if they taste the same, lol.

I have tried both and see no difference. They are the same eggs, just with extra stuff added for omelets.

And just a side note for all those people talking about whipping up the eggs with milk for a better omelet. You never use milk for an omelet! It makes it too heavy. To get the light and fluffy omelet you always use a bit of water. Ask any chef. :D

I thought those egg things were Army surplus liquid eggs. Not from Iraq 1 or 2 but from the Great War!:eek::eek:

Good news though. The scramble eggs today taste better than five years ago. (Can you imagine ;)) Back then they were still using Army surplus from the Civil War.!

Did Carnival move up to Mermite cans and green eggs? I can eat those.

And just a side note for all those people talking about whipping up the eggs with milk for a better omelet. You never use milk for an omelet! It makes it too heavy. To get the light and fluffy omelet you always use a bit of water. Ask any chef. :D

The things you learn on CC... Thanks! I have always used milk, trying water next time... :cool:

Ingredients: Dried Pasteurized Whole Eggs, Non-fat Dry Milk, Vegetable Oil (may contain soybean oil or corn oil), Salt. (just add water).

Asked and answered....

:eek: sit down breakfast where the egg is really a cooked to order egg;)

They are usually just nasty! I get an over easy egg at the omelet station. I tried to get a scrambled egg there but he didn't have anything to whip the egg with! He just mushed it around in the pan..

Yeah. If I"m gonna have an egg, I'll always go to the omelet station and get it the way I like.