Drinks Packages

vinob

I think a lot of people think the drink package applies to only alcoholic drinks. We use it for the good coffees, soda, and bottled water. And a glass of wine with supper. It's not just sitting at the bar all day. Everyone has to figure out what they drink all day.

Exactly. This has worked well for my DH and I. If we order a drink, we also buy a bottle of water. Specialty coffees, soda if we want it, and drinks whenever and wherever we may want it. For us, it is worth the cost...

I purchased the ultimate package for my recent 3 day cruise. I think it was decent deal for a short cruise. I also had no problem ordering drinks for both me & DW at the same time even thought I only paid for one package. The first couple of times I ordered multiple drinks, I saw there was no charge on the tab. I asked a couple different bartenders and was told I didn't have to pay for the second drinks. I was a little confused because I thought you could only one item at a time.

Haven't decided yet if I'm going to purchase one for our T/A in September. 16 days would get a little pricey.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

You can buy the package ahead of cruise by calling in or using the "Gifts and Services" order form that needs to be mailed or faxed in, that form (PDF) is linked to here

On board, you can wait until day 2 to buy and save one day's charge.

The regular bar / dining room wine list is decent.

We are NOT light drinkers. However, I went over my total bill for several recent cruises and found that our total bill for all drinks for two, plus some excursions and gift shop purchases, did not come anywhere near the drink package cost for one. It's a no go for us!

Edited by UpcountryTravelers
typos

Plus, you can buy sodas and bottled water less expensively prior to embarkation or in port and take it on board with you. I'm not sure if there are restrictions on quantity, but I've read that some people will carry on up to case of soda or water.

Not always cheaper, about the best I can get Diet Coke [my drink of choice] in Aus is about 40c a can, last cruise I had a drink package, because of how much I drank it worked out about 25c a can. :D

But I can drink a lot.

The "All Inclusive Drink Sticker " is an extremely good value for us ... but may not be for everyone. :D

LuLu

I always but the soda package, being a non-drinker, and have never not been way in front, usually break even 1/3 of the way into the cruise.

I haven't been with Princess for a couple of years:(:(

None of the drinks packages mention bottled water, we are about to book, I hope.

And I know herself will want bottled water.

Also anyone know about Specialty Teas on Diamond, as I understand it, that is a card for 15 drinks, anyone know what the range is like?

Only the All-Inclusive package includes bottled water (both .5 and 1.5 liter sizes)

"Kelly's painstaking Princess Beverage Package Evaluator spreadsheet " lists these teas in the IC at US$1.25:

White Orchard

Vanilla Bean

Organic Earl Grey

Organic Breakfast

Organic Spring Jasmine

Chamomile Citrus

Ginger Twist

Marrakesh Mint

I presume those are the Premium Teas on the ship

Quote from Princess pdf (see below):

Café Selects Coffee Card:

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

Item #524 – $31

More information in the PDF:http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Edited by Ferd Berfle

Only the All-Inclusive package includes bottled water (both .5 and 1.5 liter sizes)

"Kelly's painstaking Princess Beverage Package Evaluator spreadsheet " lists these teas in the IC at US$1.25:

White Orchard

Vanilla Bean

Organic Earl Grey

Organic Breakfast

Organic Spring Jasmine

Chamomile Citrus

Ginger Twist

Marrakesh Mint

I presume those are the Premium Teas on the ship

Quote from Princess pdf (see below):

Café Selects Coffee Card:

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

Item #524 – $31

More information in the PDF:http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Thank you I couldn't find a list of teas those should keep herself happy.

I have heard that the unlimited drink pkg is not available on Australia cruises. My question is this - we are thinking of the South Pacific cruise in 2017 leaving Sydney and arriving in Los Angeles. Is a pkg available for the non Australia part of the cruise? This cruise sails every year so I figured someone out there had experience with this. Thanks in advance.

I have heard that the unlimited drink pkg is not available on Australia cruises. My question is this - we are thinking of the South Pacific cruise in 2017 leaving Sydney and arriving in Los Angeles. Is a pkg available for the non Australia part of the cruise? This cruise sails every year so I figured someone out there had experience with this. Thanks in advance.

I wonder the same thing.