Red Hook to Sapphire Beach walkable?

PHXscuba

DH and I (40s and active) are going to parasail out of Red Hook and then go to Sapphire Beach for awhile. Is the road/distance between Red Hook and the beach walkable? Google Maps says 20+ minutes and 2 km, but I have no idea what the conditions are like -- any sidewalk, up or downhill, etc.?

I don't mind hiring a cab, but I'd hate to pay $20 and then see that it was pointless for how little distance it was.

I'm sure someone here has driven this part of road (or tried to walk it themselves!)

TIA,

PHXscuba

When we stay at Sapphire I see parasailing off in the distance to the south of Cabrita Point. I've never seen any off Sapphire Beach area so if the leave out of American Yacht Harbor they must head that way. But I may be wrong and have just never seen them. It would be nice if they could drop you at Sapphire after.

blue- Looks like you are correct on this one.:D The former parasail company picked up at almost all beaches, but it seems the new company picks up at the Havensight dock and Red Hook only.

To the OP: I still wouldn't walk it. Not because of the distance, but it is a very narrow and twisty section of road with cars parked on the side and no sidewalk. And speedy traffic!

When we stay at Sapphire I see parasailing off in the distance to the south of Cabrita Point. I've never seen any off Sapphire Beach area so if the leave out of American Yacht Harbor they must head that way. But I may be wrong and have just never seen them. It would be nice if they could drop you at Sapphire after.

blue- Looks like you are correct on this one.:D The former parasail company picked up at almost all beaches, but it seems the new company picks up at the Havensight dock and Red Hook only.

To the OP: I still wouldn't walk it. Not because of the distance, but it is a very narrow and twisty section of road with cars parked on the side and no sidewalk. And speedy traffic!

Thanks to you both for the advice. That's the sort of thing you can't really see from a Google Map! I think the parasail co. leaves out of the Red Hook marina. We will have them help us get a taxi after our outing or see if they will run us down to Sapphire if it's not a busy day.

PHXscuba

Edited by PHXscuba