Is Royal next to do an all inclusive ship? NCL just announced theirs

Absolutely there are. but not many short cruises.....and the thread title was "Is Royal next" and from my perspective I hope NOT.

Maybe Enchantment will go that way when she homeports in Miami next year. Isn't the NCL ship in Miami

Maybe Enchantment will go that way when she homeports in Miami next year. Isn't the NCL ship in Miami

Again, I hope Royal doesn't implement 'all bar drinks included in cruise fare' when Enchantment home ports in Miami. People who are not big drinkers, who go on the short cruises for a fast/nice little get-a-way shouldn't have to subsidize others because basically that is what happens. They increase the price to all passengers. They will never make it a truly all inclusive cruise fare. They could consider increasing the fare and including booze and all the activities on their private island....but again, people who don't go on a lot of those activities on the private island are subsidizing others who do.

Paying for what you enjoy, isn't bad -- the costs for things do have to be reasonable -- however and a 30- 40% increase in drink prices isn't, as people in another thread have been discussing.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/sky?&cheetahid=AAAAAA&cid=EM_MKD_NA_TCT_EML_Sky_EML_SHIPSKY_SKY042415_NA#inclusive

NCL is making the Sky (3-4 day Bahamas) an all inclusive ship at of 2016 sailings onwards. Basically, looks like the reservations now all include the drinks package - no longer being just an option.

I've not paid close attention to what anyone else is doing, but I wonder if this is the trend, and if Royal will be next to launch their experiment.

I just looked and I only found cruises for 3 to 4 days.

With the prices increased to include the "free" drink package, solos will get charged double for their one drink package. Rounding to the nearest dollar, the balcony room with $105 per person taxes and fees for two people are $1460. For one person, the total is $1355. This is from a mocking booking I did for April 2016 on the 4 Night Norwegian Sky.

The drink package is too expensive to break even on Royal, so it doesn't offer value for me. With all the price increases on Royal lately, adding the drink package (x2 if sailing solo) will make the cost of the cruise way out of my price range.

Edited by TM38Rob