Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, DoubleTree or ?? Miami

Tell me what you know. Give me your opinions and thoughts.

We are not cruising for a year, so have a while to choose, but right now I am looking at either the

Embassy Suites, Airport ($187)

DoubleTree, Biscayne Bay ($208)

Hampton Inn, Miami/Brickell-Downtown ($207)

We will most likely only be staying the night prior to cruise, but maybe 2 nights. A pool is a must, basic is OK. And a sit down restaurant nearby/preferably walkable, chain is OK. A shuttle is always nice, but often taxis are quicker, so not a requirement.

Anyone have any strong opinions on any of the hotels I mention? Other than the Continental, is there another hotel I should be looking at?

Tell me what you know. Give me your opinions and thoughts.

We are not cruising for a year, so have a while to choose, but right now I am looking at either the

Embassy Suites, Airport ($187)

DoubleTree, Biscayne Bay ($208)

Hampton Inn, Miami/Brickell-Downtown ($207)

We will most likely only be staying the night prior to cruise, but maybe 2 nights. A pool is a must, basic is OK. And a sit down restaurant nearby/preferably walkable, chain is OK. A shuttle is always nice, but often taxis are quicker, so not a requirement.

Anyone have any strong opinions on any of the hotels I mention? Other than the Continental, is there another hotel I should be looking at?

Skip the airport ES, especially if you will be there for more than one night - it is isolated.

Doubletree offers a WONDERFUL pool plus some rooms with a view of the port and several dining options nearby (walk 2 blocks to Bin 18 for great tapas and an extensive wine and beer list :D).

Hampton Inn MB is not as luxurious, but will include breakfast in the rate and offers many more dining option's nearby.

In addition to the Intercontinental I would also look at the Marriott next door to the Doubletree, and the Hyatt. Good luck! :)