Irritated, but can't do anything about it

bradboy

I received the email offer too. I am 45yrs old.

I have been pricing the 14 day Glory cruise in October and the 10 day Dream cruises. I think Carnival tracked my whereabouts on their website. I have done several mock bookings but had not pulled the trigger.

^^^ -- Pretty much the exact same story here.

I suspect that Carninval also tracks people who open and click through their promotional emails.

I believe if you are a frequent cruiser and have cruises booked all the time, you will not get an offer. I think they send those offers to people who are not frequent cruisers.

Yeah, we probably didn't get the offer because we already have 2 Journeys cruises booked.:( Oh well, I will have fun though!!!:D:D

I will chime in with our 21 year old collage student daughter got an offer. She has cruised once two years ago and one booked for this summer. BOTH paid for by us rents. So that doesn't fit with the idea of marketing to seniors or to people that don't have a cruise booked.

I am of the thought that it is totally random.

I believe if you are a frequent cruiser and have cruises booked all the time, you will not get an offer. I think they send those offers to people who are not frequent cruisers.

I received the offer, but I already have a B2B booked for 2016. We do a B2B each January. I'd love to book another cruise but the airfare makes it prohibitive.

Last year there was quite an uproar on these boards because Carnival was giving away FREE cruises. No rhyme or reason that anyone figured out who got. My best friend got an offer (And already had a cruise booked), but me, the one that introduced her to cruising, and at that point had sailed with Carnival the same number of times in the same time frame, got nothing. Luck of the draw I think was the conclusion.

The part that really seemed to get people was that some people were getting 3 or 4 free cruises, while others got nothing.

I'm not so sure about being a frequent cruiser being part of the criteria for not getting an offer. Our last cruise that we had was in September, but had 2 others booked that we had to cancel and I am booked on one for July. I got the offer.

My thought and I am probably wrong is that this cruise we are booked with a PVP which is not how we were previously booked and we never got offers other than the Platinum ones which were for all Platinum cruisers. I think having a PVP and booking through her is what made us get the offer.

Who really knows though how some are chosen?

There seems to be no reason to who gets these offers. But 1 thing for sure is they seem to give them to the same people over and over. We were on the airplane after our last cruise and the people behind us had just got off a Carnival cruise. We talked and they said they would like to try another line but every time they get back from 1 Carnival cruise they receive an offer for another 1 free. They haven't paid more than the taxes and fees for a cruise in the last 2 years. And they go on 4 or 5 each year.

You could be on to something there. We are seniors and my DH got that email the other day. :eek:

Hmmm, you're right. I got one today and I'm in my 60s. In fact this was my first 'special deal' I ever got from Carnival. Today bad its not a round trip from Galveston since I would love to have taken advantage of another 12 day cruise.

Edited by lady_cruiser

You could be on to something there. We are seniors and my DH got that email the other day. :eek:

Sorry, as another poster above, I am also only 45. I didn't look at it all that closely and assumed it was a mailing list wide email. Not planning a longer cruise anytime soon.

Hmmm, you're right. I got one today and I'm in my 60s. In fact this was my first 'special deal' I ever got from Carnival. Today bad its not a round trip from Galveston since I would love to have taken advantage of another 12 day cruise.

I'm in my 60's and have not received the offer. My husband is also in his 60's and again no offer. In fact neither of us have ever had any offers.

Last year I took my MIL on a cruise with our family. It was her 1st with CCL. I used my email for her contact. Today "she" received an email regarding a sale on the Journey cruises. Excited to see the discount I went to book it. It will not let me get the discount since she isn't traveling and they have not chose me for the discount. It's a $300 difference plus a 100 OBC.

So, any suggestions on getting this discount on an 11 nt cruise. How do the choose to give these discounts to? Thanks for your feedback!

Please tell me how this work I just check and I have this in my e mail

Up to $600 of cabin and OBC $100 ...journey cruise

Last year I took my MIL on a cruise with our family. It was her 1st with CCL. I used my email for her contact. Today "she" received an email regarding a sale on the Journey cruises. Excited to see the discount I went to book it. It will not let me get the discount since she isn't traveling and they have not chose me for the discount. It's a $300 difference plus a 100 OBC.

So, any suggestions on getting this discount on an 11 nt cruise. How do the choose to give these discounts to? Thanks for your feedback!

I am the vacation planner in my family. I noticed that I have the most cruises. Everyone that has said and used my email always gets the discount. I feel like carnival does this to pull them in. I think they feel like if you already have 5 or more cruises under your belt averaging 1 a year you're already hooked, but those who only have 1 cruise theyre still trying to get them hooked. What better way than to offer a discounted cruise.

i got it too and i'm in my early 30s. i've never got these kind of offers in the past, i guess they miss me.

some of these are actually pretty great deals - $369 pp with 100 OBC for a 10 day cruise is not bad at all, that's $32 a night after counting the obc...

Carnival is always looking for new blood, and one way to entice them is to offer discounts. I think they figure that you who have a few Carnival cruises under your belt, you will book a cruise along with your MIL. They will get you at the regular price and the MIL at a discount price. We haven't cruised on Carnival for a while and we've been getting those discount emails. None of the cruises offered are ones we would book. Not worth it for us to pay air fare which is more than the cruise.

Edited by elliair

All my ideas about receiving these specials have just been thrown out the window. I have never gotten any promos until this most recent Journeys one which I am now being offered.

I am Platinum, 59 years old. Cruised CCL twice a year for last 4 years. Last cruised CCL Nov. 2014 and have a cruise booked for Oct. 2015.