Neptune suite amenity availability

Sundagger

I'll be on an Alaskan cruise before long. A couple items listed as Neptune suite amenities would be very helpful I think. Are the binoculars and umbrellas always available in the suites? Are there two of each available? That would save some packing space if I didn't have to bring them along.

I agree with KK ... sometimes the binoculars are great; other times not so much. One pair we had looked pretty new and they were so good that we bought the identical pair when we returned home!

And yes, there's the one large umbrella. We've never used it, though. DH brings the tiny ones for shore use if needed.

We carry portable rain ponchos on every cruise. You can get them for a buck or two in the camping department. They're not reusable, but ours are magic. It's never rained on us when we have been carrying them - except for the 2010 Pro Bowl in Miami, but that was just mist and we didn't really need the rain protection. If you can find the magic ponchos, I highly recommend them. We've had 12+ years of vacation rain protection for less than $3.

We always are in Neptune Suite and there has always been one pair of binoculars and one very large umbrella. The umbrella is really too large to carry walking on sidewalks. It would be in everyone else's way. We always have two small, fold up, travel umbrellas and there have been times we were very happy to have them. :)