Shuttle vs taxi vs public transportation

krazy4kruisin

Define "best" We rank in the back of a limo sipping champagne as "best".

A little reading on the board would find town cars get MANY recommendations, and are similarly priced to taxis. This works very well.

If you can mange lugging your bags, and depending where your hotel is, light rail is also an option.

"best" means .... fastest, cheapest, easiest ? And where downtown?

The flat rate taxi company charges $29 for 2 people to downtown. 1/2 hr. http://www.eastsideforhire.com

If you can easily manage your luggage, Light Rail goes from SeaTac to 4th/Pine for $3 pp, 40 minutes. It's a 7-10 minute walk thru the SeaTac parking garage to reach the station, then another walk to your hotel.

"best" means .... fastest, cheapest, easiest ? And where downtown?

The flat rate taxi company charges $29 for 2 people to downtown. 1/2 hr. http://www.eastsideforhire.com

If you can easily manage your luggage, Light Rail goes from SeaTac to 4th/Pine for $3 pp, 40 minutes. It's a 7-10 minute walk thru the SeaTac parking garage to reach the station, then another walk to your hotel.

Thank you so much fro the info fro Eastside for Hire. I just made my reservation. So quick & easy!

Mapleleaves,

Do you know if Eastside for Hire picks up passengers curbside outside the baggage claim area? Or would we have to transport our luggage to another concourse and down the escalator to the parking garage?

Thanks for any info.

Mapleleaves' date='

Do you know if Eastside for Hire picks up passengers curbside outside the baggage claim area? Or would we have to transport our luggage to another concourse and down the escalator to the parking garage? [/quote']

curbside just outside baggage claim.

I usually call them when I disembark the plane, then again when I have my luggage. At that point the driver calls with his car #, and I tell him which exit door I'm close to and the airline. They park just off property so they arrive in a couple of minutes.

(I usually only have carry on luggage, so my first call gets the driver on property; by the 2nd call, he's already at the passenger pick up loop)

Edited by mapleleaves

We will fly into Seatac and will need transportation to the Seattle Sheraton. We would prefer something besides a taxi or shuttle and the hotel does not provide shuttle service. Once we return from our cruise, we'll need transportation again from Pier 91 back to Seatac.

If any of you have used this type of service and had a really good experience, would you please let me know who you used.

The full suite of Uber services is available at or near the airport. There is an entry in the FAQ for the primarily Prius-based UberX, the minivan or crossover UberXL, the conventional Black Car service or the UberSUV. All four are no-reservation-needed services that will reliably get you from the airport to the Sheraton without waiting in queues or requiring you to mingle with a dozen new friends.

STILA has the contract for car service at SeaTac. The sign at their kiosk says $45 to downtown. You call from baggage claim and the car picks you up outside baggage claim.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

Any car service can pick you up; they just can't stage their cars at the airport. If you look over this forum you'll find past threads recommending vendors; Already There, Century, Bayview and others. Or do a search using the word 'towncar'

Thank you for all the information. I was wondering if anyone has heard of Family Town Car?

There are MANY one-car operators in Seattle, not to say they're good or bad. Try the search function on tripadvisor.

IMHO, it's just a ride in a car, so I generally go with the cheapest transfer. I use the Light Rail $3 or eastsideforhire $29.