Getaway 4/18

iceman2a

Just now got home and wanted to share my thoughts on the Getaway :D

NCL has really stepped it up! This was my best cruising experience so far!

I'm not going to do a review, just pass along my thoughts!

The food was the best I've had on any other cruise including my last Princess cruise on the Royal. This is why I said NCL stepped it up! I had planned on 3 or 4 specialty venues but the food in the main dinning rooms was great and only went to Cagney's!

The Illusionarium was fantastic! Great show and very good meal!

The Sunset Bar on the Waterfront deck 8, best bar & bartender on the ship, stay away if you are a non smoker!

Entertainment still the best at sea, don't miss Sugar Blue at the Grammy Experience!

The Meet&Greet, thanks goes out to "AUNTJOJO" for organizing it. Again Norwegian does this better than any other line, the cruise director ran it and most of the top officers attended. Shout out also goes to "Sun City Gal" for organizing the gift swap and "TackleBoxDave" for the slotpull!

Time to unpack and do laundry, then plan the NEXT cruise!

Glad you enjoyed it so much! Have you been on other cruises with NCL? If so, which ones and how long ago? Our last NCL cruise was on the Jewel in 2011 and we really loved it. We felt that they had stepped up the MDR food at that point (our last NCL cruise before that was the Spirit in 2006). If it's even better then wow, just wow! We sail on the a Breakaway in July and can't wait! :)

So glad to hear you had a great time! We will be on the Getaway next month and hope Sugar Blue is still there. Also very happy to hear you enjoyed the MDRs. It adds to the FreeStyle experience for us if we don't have to make reservations in the Specialty restaurants. Thanks for sharing your experience with us:D

Glad you enjoyed it so much! Have you been on other cruises with NCL? If so, which ones and how long ago? Our last NCL cruise was on the Jewel in 2011 and we really loved it. We felt that they had stepped up the MDR food at that point (our last NCL cruise before that was the Spirit in 2006). If it's even better then wow, just wow! We sail on the a Breakaway in July and can't wait! :)

I have sailed on the Epic, Dawn, Sky and twice on the Pearl! My first non NCL cruise was on PRINCESS (ROYAL). All previous NCL cruises the food was "ok", nothing to complain about, but the food on this cruise was outstanding. When you combine that with the "best" entertainment at sea, NCL has brought it's product up a couple of notches. I hope they maintain that with the new ships coming out over the next 4 years!

Great that you had a wonderful trip and thank you for sharing your experience.

Just a quick question about Illusionarium please:

Is it worth it to pay full price as we will not get the UDP? I am also worried that we have to line up for a long time to get a good table. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I have sailed on the Epic, Dawn, Sky and twice on the Pearl! My first non NCL cruise was on PRINCESS (ROYAL). All previous NCL cruises the food was "ok", nothing to complain about, but the food on this cruise was outstanding. When you combine that with the "best" entertainment at sea, NCL has brought it's product up a couple of notches. I hope they maintain that with the new ships coming out over the next 4 years!

That just sounds fantastic! I plan on gaining some weight for sure! ;)

Great that you had a wonderful trip and thank you for sharing your experience.

Just a quick question about Illusionarium please:

Is it worth it to pay full price as we will not get the UDP? I am also worried that we have to line up for a long time to get a good table. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Yes it is worth it! Be there 15 mins before the doors open and you'll get a good seat!