GETAWAY just returned 4/18 to 4/25

ggg196078

I've been on may cruises, mostly NCL,,, I have to say honestly... this is the best ship I've experienced. It's huge. Never waited in buffet line, never waited to sit for dining room. The food was excellent and the steak portion were huge. The service was great, always smiling and friendly. never a issue finding a lounge chair. Adult area was awesome. Very private, hot tub, a bar, water falls to cool off.

My room was great. Deck 13. I could go on and on,,, but wanted to throw out my opinion, I loved it so much... I just booked it again for Feb 2016. Happy Sailing,

So glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise! We went on her last year and loved it too. Did you go to the Flamingo Grill? We loved it last year. We have two more cruises booked on Getaway in the next few months so I'm really glad to hear about your good experience. Thanks for sharing!

I've been on may cruises, mostly NCL,,, I have to say honestly... this is the best ship I've experienced. It's huge. Never waited in buffet line, never waited to sit for dining room. The food was excellent and the steak portion were huge. The service was great, always smiling and friendly. never a issue finding a lounge chair. Adult area was awesome. Very private, hot tub, a bar, water falls to cool off.

My room was great. Deck 13. I could go on and on,,, but wanted to throw out my opinion, I loved it so much... I just booked it again for Feb 2016. Happy Sailing,

So happy to hear this as we have become "stuck" in Jewel class ships in Haven suites of late but just booked the Getaway for October 12 day two days ago!

Your post made me feel that we did the right thing!

When you say adult area do you mean the Spice H2O area or the vibe?

I think Getaway is my favorite ship yet.

I wonder why the Breakaway doesn't get as much praise? Arent they basically the same ship?

I wonder if this has to do with the NY crowd that is on the BA. We are a hurry-hurry demanding sort of people up here in the North, and maybe that is the difference?

I myself love the BA- been on her several times and will be on later this month.

My DH and I will be on the Getaway June 20-27, cant wait to go! I am so happy to hear a lot of good reviews and I also heard the food was really great!

I heard that the Adult Section on the ship can't control the children from being in there, is that correct? Did you notice a lot of children hanging in there?

We were on the Epic a few years ago and the really kept the children OUT of the Adult Section, which was really, really good! Nice and quite and relaxing.

Thank you for your wonderful Review.

LadyTee:D

Spice H2o is the over 18 area. Its at the back of the ship deck 16. Never saw anyone the there under 25. It has a huge screen that changes themes that show tropical sceneries , also soft ques music.

I notice the pool area is very busy with people hanging out listening to the DJ. People dancing/drinking having a good time. 3 huge water slides.

Any other questions ,,, feel free to ask.

We were on the same cruise and also had a great time.

And I agree, that adult POOL area is crazy loud with music and good natured drunkenness. I don't think you'd even notice if there were kids there because it was so crazy. We stayed in the family area because it was quieter! :p

I'm guessing the H20 and Vibe areas were quiet

Thanks for your review. I'm not a mega ship girl, but with all the awesome reviews and comments, I might have to bite the bullet and try the Getaway.

So excited, I'm on it this weekend. All of these good reviews even makes me more excited. I will post a review of my time. Looks like beautiful weather sailing out of Miami this weekend.

Looking forward to hearing how your cruise goes! We will be on the week after. Hope you have a wonderful time:D

My parents were on your cruise and loved the Getaway so much they booked the 12 day in October and a cruise on it in January 2016! They've sailed numerous NCL ships, but the Getaway is now their favorite.

Glad you had a great cruise!

good to hear it's a great ship 4 of us from Scotland booked to go in Jan16 for a 50th birthday do you know if they will decorate up our friends room for her big day: so now looking forward to it

You can purchase a birthday decoration package prior to the cruise . You will find it on the NCL website. It is around 30 dollars. The put up streamers and a banner, some balloons and give you a cake .

As you want to decorate someone else's cabin, you will have to call and order.

So glad to hear your love for the Getaway! :) We are sailing on her for the first time in July. And to second DrNora, you can get on the NCL website to order cake/decorations for special occasions. But also if not in the same cabin, just call NCL. I have ordered my Mom and Dad the "anniversary package" when we sail in July . :)