Just off 10 day cruise on Grandeur

Just returned home from 10 days on Grandeur, don't know what all the complaints are about, we had a "GRAND" time. Any questions please ask and we will try to answer.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Was your trip the Eastern Caribbean or Western Caribbean itinerary?

Were doing a 10 day western in a little less than a year...how was the weather going out of Baltimore and throughout the cruise?

How many little kids did you notice? ours will be 3 and 5.5 at the time....

what were your favorite things to eat on the ship :D foods important!

bubba83, weather out of Baltimore was very nice on our sail away, but that can always be different, we were lucky as it was a nice warm day. As far as kids, there were less then 100 kids on board, some as young as yours, not many though.

My wife, daughter, 23 yrs old, and myself were very happy with the food, some of our favorites were, of course the lobster, my daughter and i loved the Banana Fosters, got a extra one of those that night, i always enjoy the soups, hot or cold. My daughters one Scallop dish she said was excellent. I had a steak one nite that was a bit fatty but no big deal. We all enjoyed the food!

It's nice seeing positive comments about Grandeur. We are going to Bermuda next week and really look forward to it.

We were on the Grandeur in January 2015 for the 10 day cruise. I was surprised by how much we LOVED the Grandeur. The wrap around promenade deck, the floor to ceiling windows on nearly every public deck, the Schooner Bar, the incredibly efficient and friendly crew...I could go on and on. The Grandeur is a great ship and I am sure you shall enjoy her and have a lovely time in Bermuda. Hint: Go to the CAVES in Bermuda..They are great fun and very interesting.

Edited by existentialtraveler

davy jones, in Cozumel, we did the Coba ruins, enjoyable trip if you are in to the history of the Temples, at the end you get to climb one of the only Temples you are allowed to do that at, appox. 126 feet tall, very cool!!

Jamaica, we did Dunns River Falls and then a trip to Bamboo Beach, probably our favorite excursion. We booked all of our excursions through Royal Caribbean.

If there is anymore info about these trips please ask and i can give a lot more info.

We did our very first cruise ever on the Grandeur last March (10 day East Caribbean). I have sailed in Oct last year (8 day Bahamas & Key West) & we are sailing again in 23 days to Bermuda (7 days). I am sailing again in November this year on 10 day to West Caribbean. All on the Grandeur. I would not continue on this ship if I did not enjoy it. It is like coming home. I can't find anything to object to except not enough time to see or do everything. First time out I was sea sick but how can you blame that on the ship? Second trip, I started my sea sick pills the night before we left & I was fine. After the first trip, I was addicted to sailing. This is how I'm enjoying my retirement.

Love Grandeur. Getting ready to book a 9 night cruise in Oct 2016 on her. As for the pizza, meh, it's never been that good. We just got off a Carnival cruise in Feb and their pizza is really good. It's a good thing we don't cruise for pizza lol. We prefer the size of GR and the ease of going in and out of Baltimore. I always take Bonine, and up it out of MD and NJ, but that's just part of cruising out of the NE.

Tell me about the roast pork!

I tell first time visitors to Philly to try the roast pork. Thinly sliced marinated roast pork on good Italian bread, with provolone. It's better than an Pat's cheesesteak.

My one experience with the roast port was on Enchantment, and it was not as tender as the roast beef. Good flavor though.