bringing wine onboard question

i understand each adult can now bring a bottle of wine onboard i was wondering does champane count. i wanted to bring a bottle of asti spumanti but not sure if that is allowed :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Edited by melsmom303

i understand each adult can now bring a bottle of wine onboard i was wondering does champane count. i wanted to bring a bottle of asti spumanti but not sure if that is allowed :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Each stateroom is allowed two bottles of wine or champagne, regardless of how many people there are in the stateroom.

Also, make sure to pack in your shipboard carry-on luggage.

Having traveled on the Allure twice it was never a problem to put wine in our suitcases. I just didn't want to walk around with it in my carry-on because it gets heavy. No problem with being called to the bowels of the ship...aka naughty room

Having traveled on the Allure twice it was never a problem to put wine in our suitcases. I just didn't want to walk around with it in my carry-on because it gets heavy. No problem with being called to the bowels of the ship...aka naughty room

It's not so much getting called to the naughty room but you risk the chance of breakage. The luggage handlers are not gentle at all with the luggage.

Also, make sure to pack in your shipboard carry-on luggage.

So if we are flying in to Houston then shuttle down to Galveston, we should open our suitcases and put the bottles in our carry on? I will the bottles wrapped with bubble wrap as to (hopefully) not break in flight. Should I also remove the wrap 1st?

Thanks in advance

Does anyone know the answer to this wine question?

Going on our first B2B. We thought we'd bring 2 bottles of wine on board when we first embark. If find a wine we'd really like at one of the ports and bring it on board I assume they will take that wine and keep it for us as that's what's happened previously. But will they give it back to us the night before our first week cruise ends or make us wait until the very end of the cruise?

Does anyone know the answer to this wine question?

Going on our first B2B. We thought we'd bring 2 bottles of wine on board when we first embark. If find a wine we'd really like at one of the ports and bring it on board I assume they will take that wine and keep it for us as that's what's happened previously. But will they give it back to us the night before our first week cruise ends or make us wait until the very end of the cruise?

They are supposed to make you wait until the end of all your cruises, but sometimes they forget and give it back after the first cruise.

They are supposed to make you wait until the end of all your cruises, but sometimes they forget and give it back after the first cruise.

Thanks for the answer Bob. I was afraid that it would be hit and miss and I really wouldn't want to have to carry those two bottles home. Would rather pick up a liquor, maybe in Curacao. As a Canadian, we aren't allowed to take much home.

Thanks for the answer Bob. I was afraid that it would be hit and miss and I really wouldn't want to have to carry those two bottles home. Would rather pick up a liquor, maybe in Curacao. As a Canadian, we aren't allowed to take much home.

Your best bet is to make friends with someone who is only on the first cruise, and give your bottle(s) to them. They can give them to you at the end of the first cruise.

Edited by clarea

Your best bet is to make friends with someone who is only on the first cruise, and give your bottle(s) to them. They can give them to you at the end of the first cruise.

Sneaky, sneaky but a great Idea.

When they first started allowing the two bottles, I argued on these boards for quite a while that it was no problem packing them in your suitcase and checking them. I even did it myself several cruises with no issues.

Until....a couple of cruises back they actually held my bag and required a visit to the naughty room because of the win bottles. They needed to confirm that they were wine and not hard liquor.

So since then we have gone ahead with the carry on approach. It just eliminates one possible issue, which may or may not happen.

BTW, regarding the packing the bottles in a suitcase and concern over breakage...if packed properly, this will not be an issue. As long as they are well wrapped in soft clothing, they will survive fine. And if you want to be extra safe, google "wine diaper".

bobj