New to RC. What do I need to know?

I've been on many cruises with NCL, Carnival and Princess. October I will be on my first RC (Liberty) cruise. Is there anything I need to know with RC that might be different than the cruise lines mentioned above?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

I've been on many cruises with NCL, Carnival and Princess. October I will be on my first RC (Liberty) cruise. Is there anything I need to know with RC that might be different than the cruise lines mentioned above?

Royal does not allow you to purchase bottles of hard liquor for onboard consumption.

Edited by clarea

You are allowed to bring 2 bottles of WINE on board per stateroom that has at least one guest that is at least 21 years old. You may bring this wine with you to restaurants/MDR and there is NO corkage fee.

This wine should be brought on board in your carry-on, not your checked luggage

dp

Edited by dpostman

If you choose to purchase a Beverage package for yourself, you ARE NOT required to purchase one for every occupant of your stateroom. You may choose to purchase a different package. Ex: You could get an Ultimate package for yourself and a Wine only package for your wife/partner or the other way around.

dp

There are no self-serve laundry or ironing facilities on any RCI ships.

The only toiletries provided are a small bar soap at the sink and some mystery soap in a shower dispenser unless you're in a suite. No bathrobes either but you can ask - sometimes they have extras.

There are no self-serve laundry or ironing facilities on any RCI ships.

The only toiletries provided are a small bar soap at the sink and some mystery soap in a shower dispenser unless you're in a suite. No bathrobes either but you can ask - sometimes they have extras.

Yes. that is very true. Also, Like other cruise lines, you cannot bring an iron onboard, but now, you are also not supposed to bring a small travel hand held steamer. But some have reported not having any problems if they did but I won't say who angel.gif

dp

Nothing ……just enjoy yourself…………..