Tunisia for Malta

Island wannabe

Our July 4 Med cruise on the Emerald has just today substituted Malta for Tunisia. I know there has been quite a bit of wondering if Princess was going to cancel Tunisia stop after the tragic events. Is everyone else seeing this as their subsitution?

Our July 4 Med cruise on the Emerald has just today substituted Malta for Tunisia. I know there has been quite a bit of wondering if Princess was going to cancel Tunisia stop after the tragic events. Is everyone else seeing this as their subsitution?

Not on this sailing, but just wanted to say that while we loved Tunisia, Malta remains one of my favourite ports. Don't miss the walled city.

I had my fingers crossed for Naples. Can't wait to get back to the Amalfi Coast. Oh well, just another "excuse" to get back to Italy in the near future.

Yes its fantastic, we had a driver in Nov and went to Ravello/Poisitano/Amalfi/Sorrento. What a day! :)

Yes its fantastic, we had a driver in Nov and went to Ravello/Poisitano/Amalfi/Sorrento. What a day! :)

We did the exact same route. Even stopped for a meal to remember in Positano at La Tagliatelle. Most amazing day that I was hoping to repeat

Our July 4 Med cruise on the Emerald has just today substituted Malta for Tunisia. I know there has been quite a bit of wondering if Princess was going to cancel Tunisia stop after the tragic events. Is everyone else seeing this as their substitution?

Guess not.

July 4 sailing has been officially (received an email from Princess) to Salerno. Not sure why personalizer stated Malta but I am thrilled to be able to go back to the Amalfi Coast

Which port is the personalizer offering excursions at?

Edited by caribill

8/8 14 nighter, delighted 😀

Thu, 08/13/15 Valletta, Malta

7:00am – 4:00pm

I was doing the happy dance this morning reading my emails, on same cruise. Always wanted to see Malta. Though if they had substituted Salerno I would be happy going back to Paestum.

For the record, Malta is absolutely beautiful. I recommend checking out Mdina (an awesome, walled in city that was on Game of Thrones). Make sure you eat a delicious Pastizzi for breakfast while there.

We will be going to Salerno Italy instead of Tunisia on the September 5 sailing.

Edited by azdmelani

• 1 year later...

You might try looking on the Ports board :). But having been to Malta multiple times we can confirm it is a fantastic place for a cruise visit. For a first time visit consider spending some time walking around Valletta and also taking a bus (or a tour) out to Mdna. We also enjoy just renting a car and driving ourselves to many places around the island.

Hank

On our cruise a few years back, Malta's port of Valletta was substituted for Tunisa and it was one of the highlights of our cruise (along with Crete). We were treated with a real cannon salute when we departed in the late afternoon which was really amazing.

49er