Celebrity Suite or Royal on Summit to Bermuda?

JennJohnNYC

Hi all,

We are currently booked in a Celebrity suite and have the opportunity to upgrade to a Royal.

We've done the Royal suite many times and know what to expect, but never a Celebrity suite. Although we have visited friends and it looks very nice.

Guess, I'm questioning if we will be happy with the Celebrity suite, which I assume we would!

Hi all,

We are currently booked in a Celebrity suite and have the opportunity to upgrade to a Royal.

We've done the Royal suite many times and know what to expect, but never a Celebrity suite. Although we have visited friends and it looks very nice.

Guess, I'm questioning if we will be happy with the Celebrity suite, which I assume we would!

WE don't know you so can't tell if you would be happy with the Celebrity Suite, I can't see how you would not. I'm happy on a cruise ship going to Bermuda in an inside but that's me and I can afford any cabin on the ship.

When you upgrade from a celebrity suite to a royal suite you will get the premium drinks package, unlimited speciality dining and unlimited internet. In addition to considering the room change add in these perks and how important they would be to you.

I would also suggest you look at as many reviews and pictures as possible.

Thank you! Just to clarify, there would be a charge for the upgrade and it is not insignificant in my opinion. I agree that sailing to Bermuda in any category is great and we are excited to be going. Honestly, I just think perhaps I've created a monster with my husband and booking Royal Suites the last several cruises.

I think we will stay with the Celebrity Suite and be VERY happy!

Thanks again!

I;ve done both RS and CS on Summit.

I prefer CS, it feels far more roomier, and open to me. I also like the bedroom being complete dark to sleep in.

If you have someone using the sofa bed, then that may make me lean to the RS as the bathroom access in CS is only the the bedroom, where RS you can close bedroom and the bathroom is still accessible.

And finally, if the veranda size is important, RS may be better.

Now with suite perks, consider if the unlimited internet, specialty dining, mini bar, and premium drinks packages that come with RS are valuable to you and factor that in.

But in all my times in suites, I prefer CS to RS on M class ships. S class, I'd go for RS.

We are on the Summit in a Royal Suite right now and it is heavenly! I love having the two rooms, and the perks are fabulous. We are having a fabulous time and are so glad we chose a royal suite.

I think you'd be happy either way, we go back and forth as each has advantages. These are our thoughts. We like the layout of the CS better, including the closet, and light from the big windows. The RS has a much better balcony, seperate tub / shower, balcony tub and better perks. We look at the itinerary and price difference and then decided. When there are going to be more kids on board, we'd lean more to the RS as we'd be more willing to sit on that balcony to lounge :) When the price difference is smaller such that the difference for upgrading isn't much more thant the upgrade we'd buy to premium drink package, unlimited internet and what we'd use from the mini bar we'd probably upgrade too.

Happy sailing,

Jenna