connecting cabins/balconies on Dream for family

luvmy2redheads

My family of 6 have 2 connecting balconies on the Dream 9446/9450 my question is can the balcony divider be opened? We did this on the Magic and it was great! I found a website and it looks like they don't :( It doesn't matter to us if it blocks one of the doors to the inside because our plan was for the kids to only be able to access the balcony from our cabin. With that being the case would the room steward still open it? Are there any connecting balcony cabins that have connecting balconies as well? I know we did this on the magic. Thank you!

There are no balcony cabins that connect with an inside door that can have the divider opened between them. That is because the door to the balcony is on the same wall as the connecting inside door. Perhaps you can ask to have the divider opened to block the door to the kids cabin...but I don't know if the divider can be opened either way. It might have to swing in the directions of the parents' cabin. You might have to switch cabins with the kids. EM

If you've already checked and the balcony dividers show they can't be open, the steward cannot do so. If that were done it would block a fire exit from the cabin so it is not allowed.

I have been told by my PVP that if the cabins have connecting doors, then the balcony dividers cannot be opened between the two. We wanted to get connecting cabins on the Dream but one of the cabins that had connecting doors required three passengers per cabin. All of the connecting cabin balconies were like that, so we ended up getting two cabins where the dividers could be opened because there were only 2 per cabin.

Just for anyone who cares, there are times these connecting cabins can be booked with only two people in them, but if someone needs a cabin for three and it is booked by only two people, the people with the booking can be told they need to move. I have also heard that sometimes one of these cabins is given when two people have a guarantee, but that is usually very close to the sail date so Carnival is sure they won't miss out on selling it to three people.