Driving to Port Liberty, Bayonne

miki76

We are coming from Woodbridge, NJ. Would taking 440 or the Turnpike be the best way with all of the comments on construction I can't tell what is best. Coming in Sunday.

I have the directions from exit 14a but don't know which way has less construction.

We will be leaving early, 9:30 or so to get there.

Sunday morning generally has light traffic and minimal construction activities. Going via 440 will cost you more in tolls than taking the NJ Turnpike and isn't worth the extra expense at a time when traffic issues shouldn't be significant, so I would vote for taking the Turnpike.

We are coming in from Ohio . Are there any hotels close to the N.J. turnpike ? We would like to plan a two to three hour drive to the pier on Sunday morning. Any ideas would really help. We are also looking for some really good pizza ! :o) Thanks

We are coming in from Ohio . Are there any hotels close to the N.J. turnpike ? We would like to plan a two to three hour drive to the pier on Sunday morning. Any ideas would really help. We are also looking for some really good pizza ! :o) Thanks

What route are you coming in? Pennsylvania Turnpike or I80?

I think we will e on the Penn turnpike then the N.J. turnpike to 440.

Quite frankly I'd plan to stay a bit closer to the port - within an hour or so. Celebrity has sent out a traffic alert for this weekend - I think it's because the Pulaski skyway is complete closed which could affect the turnpike traffic. There are some reasonable hotels at exits 8 and 8A. Please read this thread where these hotels were discussed this week - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2202153

You would be looking for places in East Windsor, NJ or Cranbury, NJ. Nice suburban/semi rural area. No need to get involved with hotels near Newark Airport. If you stay further away you will be in the Philadelphia metro area - no real advantage to that.

Courtyard Cranbury is reasonable for this weekend - about $125 tax included. It is right at exit 8A. I've stayed there and would go back again. Hotel offers food or you would have to drive to a restaurant. This is a semi rural area with retirement communities, farms, and tasteful suburban warehouse properties.

Edited by 138east

Quite frankly I'd plan to stay a bit closer to the port - within an hour or so. Celebrity has sent out a traffic alert for this weekend - I think it's because the Pulaski skyway is complete closed which could affect the turnpike traffic. There are some reasonable hotels at exits 8 and 8A. Please read this thread where these hotels were discussed this week - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2202153

You would be looking for places in East Windsor, NJ or Cranbury, NJ. Nice suburban/semi rural area. No need to get involved with hotels near Newark Airport. If you stay further away you will be in the Philadelphia metro area - no real advantage to that.

Courtyard Cranbury is reasonable for this weekend - about $125 tax included. It is right at exit 8A. I've stayed there and would go back again. Hotel offers food or you would have to drive to a restaurant. This is a semi rural area with retirement communities, farms, and tasteful suburban warehouse properties.

Thank you so much.

There are hotels right the NJTP at exit 10 (I287/ t440) There is a Hilton Garden Inn , Courtyard and Sheraton Inn. Just search for Edison and look for the ones that say "Raritan Center" I stay at the Hinton Garden inn now and then when I need a break form the truck. (company has a terminal close by and easy for me to grab a room and relax for a night).