Deck 11 Spa Cabin

Largolady22

You still haven't said what ship you are on. On the ships that have the Cloud 9 Spa, the spa cabins only give the spa benefits to the first two people in the cabin, so your daughter and grand would have had to pay as if they were in any other cabin.

If you are NOT on Dream class, Splendor or Sunshine, there are cabins on the Spa deck, but they are not Spa balcony cabins with spa bennies. Just regular balconies on Spa deck. EM

I don't know how they enforce the first two people rule on the Magic. ON the Magic your S&S card gets you in to either of the two doors that lead to the Cloud 9 treatment rooms (Tholassotherapy, saunas). It would be very easy for one of the people with a key that gets them through those doors to allow others along with them.

We have been in Spa cabins on the Dream and now on the Magic. The Magic simply didn't seem as exclusive. The relaxation room was open to anyone on the ship that happened to visit the Spa as well as access to the showers and locker rooms on deck 14. These were not reserved only for those with Cloud 9 Spa access. On the Dream, the locker rooms and relaxation room are behind controlled entry which requires the exchange of your S&S card for one of the white VIP access cards.

I don't know how they enforce the first two people rule on the Magic. ON the Magic your S&S card gets you in to either of the two doors that lead to the Cloud 9 treatment rooms (Tholassotherapy, saunas). It would be very easy for one of the people with a key that gets them through those doors to allow others along with them.

We have been in Spa cabins on the Dream and now on the Magic. The Magic simply didn't seem as exclusive. The relaxation room was open to anyone on the ship that happened to visit the Spa as well as access to the showers and locker rooms on deck 14. These were not reserved only for those with Cloud 9 Spa access. On the Dream, the locker rooms and relaxation room are behind controlled entry which requires the exchange of your S&S card for one of the white VIP access cards.

We have a spa cabin in January and were told we get a wrist band to allow us access.....is this true?

Stayed in Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on Deck 11 Magic twice. As for controlling entry to the Tpool and steam rooms, your key gets you in as you noted. BUT in addition, you are suppose to have a wrist band that the attendants check as you come into that counter area. Now of course you can always share your wrist band with the 3rd or 4th person in your cabin. I am a pretty tall/big person, so I stand out in a crowd so I am sure they recognized me after the first day as I almost lived in the Spa area if not at a show or in a dinning room, as they never did ask about my wristband when I stopped wearing it after the 2nd or 3rd day.

We are on the Breeze Spa Balcony this June...will be interesting to see if their procedures are different.

Just got off the Splendor in an 8P Spa Cabin, and really enjoyed and utilized the Thallosatherapy Pool and Steam Rooms. It was probably the only feature of Splendor or Carnival that would draw us back.

And it is the one feature that absolutely draws me to Carnival. No Cloud 9 Spa (or equivalent on other lines), no cruise. Period.

Stayed in Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on Deck 11 Magic twice. As for controlling entry to the Tpool and steam rooms, your key gets you in as you noted. BUT in addition, you are suppose to have a wrist band that the attendants check as you come into that counter area. Now of course you can always share your wrist band with the 3rd or 4th person in your cabin. I am a pretty tall/big person, so I stand out in a crowd so I am sure they recognized me after the first day as I almost lived in the Spa area if not at a show or in a dinning room, as they never did ask about my wristband when I stopped wearing it after the 2nd or 3rd day.

We are on the Breeze Spa Balcony this June...will be interesting to see if their procedures are different.

On the Splendor, when we took a tour of the Cloud 9 Spa, they put a plain little sticker you can get at any office supply store on our S&S card and wrote "Spa Cabin" on it it pen. When we wanted to use the Thalos Pool or steam rooms, we gave the reception counter our S&S cards and they gave us a key card that opens the doors to those areas by inserting like your room key. You can't get into those areas without going to the counter and getting one. We never had any wrist bands or anything that outwardly identified us as Spa Cabin customers.

I don't know where we would have gotten wrist bands on the Magic last week. We didn't have any in our spa cabin. When I went to the Spa the first time I asked how to gain access and they said to just use the S&S card. That is all I used, I never wore a wrist band from day one. It seemed that the staff that was working on floor 14 seemed to be more concerned about booking other spa services than the Cloud 9 treatment rooms.

I did see several different colored wrist bands over the week by others using the treatment rooms. All the way from the white rubber ones that we had on the Dream to green and blue one time and cut off bands. I suspected that some people had bands for day passes and perhaps some spa services also include access to the treatment rooms. Not really sure.

The Dream is different from the Magic in that there are one or two dedicated people that exchange your S&S card for a white VIP card (which I did see these on the Magic too), then when you leave the Spa you trade the white VIP card back in for your S&S card.

Hfj,

Have you taken your trip yet? Any information you can provide. We have a reservation for March 2016 on the freedom cabin 1120.

Steve

Well, can't really compare it to any other cabin since it was our 1st cruise. If you youtube spa cabin on the Glory, that's the exact same cabin. The location was awesome being by the lido deck. The few negatives, there was no cover above & ppl can look down on you from the deck above. Also, there were a few times we could hear them moving chairs above us early in the morning. You also have no perks being in the spa area. We did really enjoyed having a balcony, I don't think we could cruise again without one. Have fun!