Spirit suite pricing vs balcony?

Looking forward to our first NCL cruise in early December on the Spirit (7 day Eastern Caribbean from Port Canaveral) and I'm curious about the jump in cost from our balcony stateroom @ approx $900 pp to a suite - an ADDITIONAL $1900 pp ($2800 pp).

We enjoy cruising in suites on RC from time to time when we feel the value warrants (we're fine in a balcony or oceanview as well), but for the additional $540 per day between my wife and I on the Spirit I recognize getting 4 standard perks (instead of pick one or two) and more real estate - but does the dining/grats/some obc and the added real estate complete the difference in price?

We have an H4 booked on the Getaway in October 2016 and it's easier for me to see the value there - but I'd like to hear from those that don't mind paying the suite price on this ship letting us know what they feel benefits the price difference.

John

Looking forward to our first NCL cruise in early December on the Spirit (7 day Eastern Caribbean from Port Canaveral) and I'm curious about the jump in cost from our balcony stateroom @ approx $900 pp to a suite - an ADDITIONAL $1900 pp ($2800 pp).

We enjoy cruising in suites on RC from time to time when we feel the value warrants (we're fine in a balcony or oceanview as well), but for the additional $540 per day between my wife and I on the Spirit I recognize getting 4 standard perks (instead of pick one or two) and more real estate - but does the dining/grats/some obc and the added real estate complete the difference in price?

We have an H4 booked on the Getaway in October 2016 and it's easier for me to see the value there - but I'd like to hear from those that don't mind paying the suite price on this ship letting us know what they feel benefits the price difference.

John

You must be on the 12/5 sailing? Looks like prices for balconies are now just under $1000 vs. the lowest suite price is now $2859 pp. For that price diff you could easily cover any of the perks for booking a suite but it is really up to you. The room is just about 3 times bigger but that is a lot of money.

We are set to sail the week after you.

I agree, for the price difference you could easily indulge and pay as you go and come out well ahead of the extra this suite will cost you.

Have never done the Haven and if these prices hold, probably never will. The experience itself has to be worth the price you pay. For some it is, but not for me. I'd rather save the price difference and cruise again.

The strange pricing seems to be limited to the Spirit... on the Star for example, the suites are not 3 times the price of a balcony... 839 vs 1500... which is a much more reasonable difference.

Not sure why...

As much as I love the suite on the Spirit (separate living room, awesome bath with jacuzzi tub) I wouldn't pay that much extra. Especially now as the 4 options have changed (no UBP, only a dining credit, etc).

The strange pricing seems to be limited to the Spirit... on the Star for example, the suites are not 3 times the price of a balcony... 839 vs 1500... which is a much more reasonable difference.

Not sure why...

The dawn & star had suites with no balcony. So they tend to be cheaper.

Appreciate the feedback - I'm always looking for a reason to justify a suite, but this was a struggle to even consider. I do see the limited number of suites and if NCL can keep them full at these prices, I understand.

John