Free Classic Package - help

Suite Susie

Sorry to appear a little stupid, but we've just booked a 14 night cruise with a free Classic Drinks Package and am now worried that I've made an assumption that may be incorrect.

It says on the promotion "worth up to $1500" based on a 14 night cruise. Now I've never been very good at Maths, but 14 x $55 x 2 people comes to more than this. So now I have serious doubts about what we've actually got included. Is the package for both of us, is it the Classic Alcohol package and does it include the gratuities?

We could have saved £1000 if we'd booked a Guarantee S2, but if we'd done this, we wouldn't have received the Classic Drinks Package, nor the $400 OBC as the promotion did not include Guarantee cabins.

The 'worth upto $1500' is each. It means that in theory you could have spent $1500 on drinks over the 2 weeks. Now I like to drink but would guess I came no where near the 1500 worth over the 2 weeks. However it is still an excellent package. Tips are included. Alcohol is included. This may help some more http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...verage+package

You will have a great time dont fret!

Edited by SWORRUB1

The 'worth upto $1500' is each. It means that in theory you could have spent $1500 on drinks over the 2 weeks

I don't think that is correct, or at least not how it is being advertised here in the UK. It's based on two people. I suspect there is a bit of "rounding" of the saving involved. The $55 per day does not include the 18% gratuity. I booked a 12 night cruise under this offer yesterday and together with the OBC it seems to represent a good deal. Well as good a deal as it can be. I hate all of these short term offers.

Phil

To quote exactly from the Celebrity web site 'you’ll receive a free Classic Drinks package worth up to USD$1500*!' they missed saying that would have cost you about $809 to purchase (ie 57.82 per night times 14) but you could consume drinks upto 1500, (although you would have to go some to do that, and in reality its unlimited as far as any reported experience on here).

Even if it is the other way around its close enough as I make it $1618 purchase cost for 2 classic drinks packages for 14 nights.

Either way it is a good deal Suite Susie, wish I could go this year!

Cheers

K

Edited by SWORRUB1

Sorry to appear a little stupid, but we've just booked a 14 night cruise with a free Classic Drinks Package and am now worried that I've made an assumption that may be incorrect.

It says on the promotion "worth up to $1500" based on a 14 night cruise. Now I've never been very good at Maths, but 14 x $55 x 2 people comes to more than this. So now I have serious doubts about what we've actually got included. Is the package for both of us, is it the Classic Alcohol package and does it include the gratuities?

We could have saved £1000 if we'd booked a Guarantee S2, but if we'd done this, we wouldn't have received the Classic Drinks Package, nor the $400 OBC as the promotion did not include Guarantee cabins.

Don't worry about what's mentioned on the site... All you need to know is you have the full classic drinks package included for both of you and you haven't done anything wrong... [emoji4]

All you need to do now is sit back & wait for the cruse..

Personally I'd definitely upgrade to the premium package as you get so much more choice for it & better value wines & beers etc!

Enjoy

Thanks guys for the reassurance. We will be using our OBC to upgrade to the premium package as our favourite bar is the Martini bar. I hate to admit but we will have no problem in getting good value for money from the package! It's been nearly 4 years since we did a cruise so we are so looking forward to being pampered.

To quote exactly from the Celebrity web site 'you’ll receive a free Classic Drinks package worth up to USD$1500*!' they missed saying that would have cost you about $809 to purchase (ie 57.82 per night times 14) but you could consume drinks upto 1500, (although you would have to go some to do that, and in reality its unlimited as far as any reported experience on here).

Even if it is the other way around its close enough as I make it $1618 purchase cost for 2 classic drinks packages for 14 nights.

Either way it is a good deal Suite Susie, wish I could go this year!

Cheers

K

You need to read the asterisk note beneath it. Regardless as MR_T says you'll have the Classic package each.

Phil

Thanks guys for the reassurance. We will be using our OBC to upgrade to the premium package as our favourite bar is the Martini bar. I hate to admit but we will have no problem in getting good value for money from the package! It's been nearly 4 years since we did a cruise so we are so looking forward to being pampered.

It will be great!

The North American website says save up to $110 per day (rounded from the actual cost to buy) plus tips. $110 X 14 = $1,540. Nothing wrong with your math but hard to be exact when Celebrity is doing some rounding.

The bigger question to you is will you actually drink that much?

Personally if given the choice of £1000 (less the $400 credit) I'd be hard pressed to choose the drink package over that sort of discount. My last 12 day cruise my bar bill was approx $700 (bottle of wine each night plus a cocktale before/after dinner). Given £1000 = $1500 - $400 you'd have saved $1,100 which can buy quite a lot of drinks.

Regardless, your math is OK but be sure to check if the drink package is the one that will save you the most $.

Edited by RickT

You will get a first invoice and a few days later another Verizon with the drinks package on.

We've booked a 14 night cruise and worked out how much it would be had we paid for the drinks, when the invoice arrived it's shown as £410 each which is less than we worked out but we know that it covers the full trip as the offer code matches the offer that is on

We have also got the "classic drinks package" included in our cruise and hubby keen to upgrade for the malt whisky! However my favourite tipple (southern Comfort) doesn't appear on either list. Anyone in the know as to whether it's available onboard?

Don't worry about what's mentioned on the site... All you need to know is you have the full classic drinks package included for both of you and you haven't done anything wrong... [emoji4]

All you need to do now is sit back & wait for the cruse..

Personally I'd definitely upgrade to the premium package as you get so much more choice for it & better value wines & beers etc!

Enjoy

Mr T is spot on - again :)

Yes - It certainly was on my Cruise in January this year.

That could be the problem... There could now be a world shortage!! [emoji483][emoji23]

The North American website says save up to $110 per day (rounded from the actual cost to buy) plus tips. $110 X 14 = $1,540. Nothing wrong with your math but hard to be exact when Celebrity is doing some rounding.

The bigger question to you is will you actually drink that much?

Personally if given the choice of £1000 (less the $400 credit) I'd be hard pressed to choose the drink package over that sort of discount. My last 12 day cruise my bar bill was approx $700 (bottle of wine each night plus a cocktale before/after dinner). Given £1000 = $1500 - $400 you'd have saved $1,100 which can buy quite a lot of drinks.

Regardless, your math is OK but be sure to check if the drink package is the one that will save you the most $.

Unfortunately when on holiday my husband is a bad influence. We always have a couple of glasses of wine each at lunch, couple of martinis before dinner, three glasses of wine or so at dinner then maybe a nightcap or two. Together with freshly squeezed OJ, coffees and a few pool drinks we are way ahead on the drinks package. On this cruise we're staying on board at a lot of the ports as a lot are repeats for us. And no we are not drunk and disorderly but just like to relax and have fun and enjoy meeting new people at the bars. So for us the package is a must.

That could be the problem... There could now be a world shortage!! [emoji483][emoji23]

Tony !!!![emoji33]

A tad harsh that old boy [emoji569]️[emoji636]

but probably near the mark [emoji12]

Unfortunately when on holiday my husband is a bad influence. We always have a couple of glasses of wine each at lunch, couple of martinis before dinner, three glasses of wine or so at dinner then maybe a nightcap or two. Together with freshly squeezed OJ, coffees and a few pool drinks we are way ahead on the drinks package. On this cruise we're staying on board at a lot of the ports as a lot are repeats for us. And no we are not drunk and disorderly but just like to relax and have fun and enjoy meeting new people at the bars. So for us the package is a must.

Just sound like SWMBO . its always the husband to blame for the girls having a few drinks. I have been on a few cruises and yet to see the females being force fed wine or cocktails [emoji41]

Yes, dont forget that the classic package also includes; water, OJ, coffees at Al Bacio, Pop, as well as the alcoholic beverages. Not sure if we spend the amount per day that they suggest, but with all the non-alcoholic additions we come close.

Enjoy, it is the way to go.

I also will upgrade to Premium for the Martinis, but DH is a plain drinker and is quite happy with the Classic Pkg.