Norwegian Dawn - can't find the cruise I want

Dayenu

I found this cruise on another website that I can't mention, or my thread will be deleted. It's a major website page that has all cruise lines.

When I go to NCL website, I don't see Norwegian Dawn for Canada for September 2015, there is only one cruise listed for the whole month.

What am I doing wrong searching for the cruise leaving Boston on September 11, 2015, ending in Quebec? I don't want to call as I prefer to see something in writing and print right away.

I went to the NCL web site. Under the Find a Vacation section, I selected Ship -> Dawn, Ports of Departure -> Boston & Quebec, and Destination -> Canada & New England. When I hit View Results it popped up with 5 cruises - however most are 2016. Hardly anything there listed for 2015. It is strange.

Edited by rpb718

I found this cruise on another website that I can't mention, or my thread will be deleted. It's a major website page that has all cruise lines.

When I go to NCL website, I don't see Norwegian Dawn for Canada for September 2015, there is only one cruise listed for the whole month.

What am I doing wrong searching for the cruise leaving Boston on September 11, 2015, ending in Quebec? I don't want to call as I prefer to see something in writing and print right away.

I'm afraid it looks like 1 of 2 things; it's either close to sold out or possibly there is a glitch with the system. I did find the cruise you're looking for, however, (this on a TA site) it only gives the phone number to call. There's no way to book it yourself any longer.

I found the Sept trips from both Boston to Quebec and Quebec to Boston, no problem. Also the October cruises are listed there also.Looks like they start at about $700 for inside up to about $2200 for suites. Good luck.

Strange, maybe it's another internet/website glitch but when I bring up the Ncl site, the only Sept 2015 cruise is to Bermuda which is Sept 4th - 11th. Nothing after that for the Dawn. Maybe they put the wrong dates on some of them that are meant to be 2015 instead of 2016. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Oh well, we'll see. Give a couple of hours or days, maybe it will correct itself.

The NCL site shows the Dawn doing Bermuda cruises until October 30, 2015. I thought that the Bermuda cruises usually ended from Boston in September. Either the wrong info was entered by NCL or they are extending their Bermuda season and eliminating the Canada cruises from Boston.

The NCL site shows the Dawn doing Bermuda cruises until October 30, 2015. I thought that the Bermuda cruises usually ended from Boston in September. Either the wrong info was entered by NCL or they are extending their Bermuda season and eliminating the Canada cruises from Boston.

The Dawn usually does a few cruises to Quebec, Canada each year. They aren't plentiful and do tend to sell quickly. There seems to be a gap in the dates for the typical period of time, but it could just be that the cruises are sold out or almost. There is one for Sept. 18th on another website but not listed on NCL so maybe a TA bought quite a few cabins for group cruises.

Who knows, with so many problems occurring on the NCL website, nothing is beyond the realm of possiblity.

Hope you find your cruise OP or at something close.

Cheers.

I started a thread about this a few days ago under "Disappearing Cruise". My TA said it is sold out which I find hard to believe because a few days before my original post there were still lots of cabins left. I just checked on VTG and it does say sold out. The gnome site still has the Oct 2 cruise available, but not the Sept 11.

Dayenu, if you can wait until final pay date, some cabins should open up.

Once again - the Dawn will do two round trips from Boston to Quebec, they can be booked as either one ways or RT from either Boston or Quebec.

As others have mentioned, they are quite popular.

As to the availability of cabins - remember large TA's can and do book large blocks of cabins (at a discount of course), which they can keep for up to 6 mos and what they don't sell suddenly get put back in NCL's inventory.

This could also explain why you could find the cruise on a TA's site but not on NCL.

Edited by bonvoyagie

We are on the repositioning cruise on October 30, Boston to NOLA. The cruise before us is a 7 day Bermuda cruise. NCL is selling both separately 7 days and 14 days, and as a package deal 21 days. The 21 days has better cabin availability and the 14 days "seems" to be sold out....looks like a sales strategy from NCL! Perhaps they are doing the same to Canada cruises?

We are on the Gem to Canada (from NY) in September. When we booked in February, there were 6 cruises listed in September and two ships (Gem and Dawn.) Then there were 5 cruises listed, then 3, now just 2 (both Gem.) I assumed it was because the Dawn was sold out. Could it be that TA's still have blocks of rooms available but not NCL itself?

I'm glad I booked our New England/Canada cruise on the Dawn earlier this year! I actually was able to change our cabin yesterday from deck nine connecting balcony cabin to deck ten non-connecting balcony cabin at no additional charge. So I know there were cabins still available yesterday or either they were just switching people around. [emoji1] I did a search for September cruises on the Dawn and the one we are on, the 18th leaving from Quebec, shows up, but no prices are listed under each cabin type. I assume that means there are none available. We booked through a TA so maybe they still have cabins blocked off.

If I recall correctly, Dawn interrupts their usual Boston to Bermuda schedule in September to do the Boston to Quebec cruises. Then it goes back to Boston to Bermuda a couple of weeks later.

We did the last Boston to Bermuda last September and stayed on for a Boston to Quebec cruise. Two completely different experiences and a lot of fun.