choosing a suite on carnival?

I go with a suite every time I can afford it. But when I can't I take whatever I can afford. You'll always want a suite after the first time ... but even an inside room on a ship is better than being at work!!!

I can say after getting off the Breeze today and experiencing an Ocean Suite for the first time for 8 nights, I think regular balconies are a thing of the past, even if it means fewer cruises (which I don't/hope think it come to that). Loved the extra space, amazing bathroom and tub for my two little girls.

Yes and no...There is not a separate dining area and there are no real suite perks like on some lines except the priority embarkation and debarkation. You will miss the extra space in the cabin which is wonderful. We will be in a grand suite on our next Carnival cruise but I can always swap back to a balcony on Carnival. It would be harder to swap back on NCL as the suite life has spoiled me.:D

hello,

if I were to book a suite for our honeymoon cruise, would that "spoil" us when booking just a (standard) balcony cabin on future cruises?

thanks in advance

imo, no, it's the balcony that will spoil you! We booked our first suite, but it'll be more work for us since there's no room divider! (We didn't know that when we booked, the images we saw were different than the actual floor plan. Now I have to buy/bring a curtain and hooks so my kid can sleep.

You do get prioirty boarding but no other perks. (that I'm aware of)

(Of course, we haven't stayed in a balcony. the bigger rooms on Disney DID spoil us, the tiny room on RCCL was a PITA!)

We've only done a suite once and considered it a waste of our money. Ever since we've done everything from insides to balconies and the only one we won't do again is an inside. Balcony is best but oceanview is plenty for us.

I depends on your personal taste. We have done from owner's suites to interiors and lately have been doing interiors more often than not. However we are booked in a balcony for our July cruise on the Conquest

As others have mentioned, you will be spoiled by the balcony more than the suite. We have stayed in a suite, and like others, considered it a waste of money on CCL. If, after you sail, you consider the priority embarkation to be something you can't live without, purchase a balcony cabin and FTTF on your next cruise, you still come out ahead, financially.

Now if you're talking other cruise lines, that's a different story. Carnival REALLY needs to improve on their suite amenities.