Will FLL cabs know Miami Beach addresses?

odiesam

4 of us flying into FLL with just carry ons (3 day cruise); we land at 6:15 pm so shuttle choices are limited. We are cruising out of Miami the next day and would like to spend night in Miami Beach so we can have the following morning to see the beach for a while.

From these threads it appears arriving at that hour shuttles don't make sense and with 4 of us a taxi will cost similar anyway. My question is will the cab driver we pick up at FLL know Miami Beach area so we aren't taken on a ride($$)? Is there a better alternative?

Thanks in advance.

4 of us flying into FLL with just carry ons (3 day cruise); we land at 6:15 pm so shuttle choices are limited. We are cruising out of Miami the next day and would like to spend night in Miami Beach so we can have the following morning to see the beach for a while.

From these threads it appears arriving at that hour shuttles don't make sense and with 4 of us a taxi will cost similar anyway. My question is will the cab driver we pick up at FLL know Miami Beach area so we aren't taken on a ride($$)? Is there a better alternative?

Thanks in advance.[/quote)

You're lucky if he speaks English. That's why they make the GPS and perhaps you should acquaint yourself with door to door directions.

Taxi is likely a good option - do some homework before with google maps so that you'll know if the cab driver is lost.

Private car service is another option - Go Airport (based at FLL) and Larry's Limos (often suggested for Miami) are two options to check.

The beach addresses are pretty easy. The Collins Avenue addresses correspond with the cross street numbers.

1701 Collins will be between 17th and 18th Streets on Collins Avenue.

5501 will be between 55th and 56th Streets.

I e-mailed Larry Limo's and was quoted a price of $70 plus 20% gratuity = total $84. I am not going to do any better with a taxi am I?

Thanks again.

Nope - and you'll enjoy a much nicer ride! :)