How do I get to the beach???

bbryan5

I posted this on the NCL board, but I figure it probably belongs here.

Looks like we'll be docking at the Royal Naval Dock Yard. We plan to hit Horseshoe Beach, probably all 3 days. I know we could do the bus pass, but how much is a cab? I heard $35 per person, is that correct? Also, if we do the bus pass, where and when do we get that? Thanks for the help!*

Taxi from Dockyard isn't $35 per person, it's about $35 one way, plus tip, for the taxi for 1-4 passengers on Monday to Saturday.

You can sometimes buy transportation passes on the ship before you arrive in Bermuda. If they're not available on the ship you can buy them at the cruise pier when you disembark in Bermuda.

Another possibility is the shared ride shuttle that runs between Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay. $16 per person round trip.

Another possibility is the shared ride shuttle that runs between Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay. $16 per person round trip.

That is a great price for a roundtrip transfer to Horseshoe Bay. Do you know the name of the company we should look for, or are they easy to spot once your in the dockyard?

Another way to get there is public transportation bus but using the tokens instead of buying the 3 day bus pass. Each person would need two tokens per day, one for each way. The tokens are $4.50 each so for $9 a person you would get to the beach and back. The tokens can be purchased right as you exit the ship where the transportation passes are sold. The shuttle tickets are purchased at a Kiosk just off the ship that says "shuttle tickets" on the front of it.

Another way to get there is public transportation bus but using the tokens instead of buying the 3 day bus pass. Each person would need two tokens per day, one for each way. The tokens are $4.50 each so for $9 a person you would get to the beach and back. The tokens can be purchased right as you exit the ship where the transportation passes are sold. The shuttle tickets are purchased at a Kiosk just off the ship that says "shuttle tickets" on the front of it.

How close is the beach to the bus stop. I have a back problem and would find walking distances or up hill extremely difficulty.

Just got back...DO NOT buy the multi day pass to get to Horseshoe. It's very easy to take the #7 bus at $4.50 each way. It's downhill, so those with mobility issues can grab the blue van that goes up send town the hill. A second option is a beach mini shuttle for $16 pp. I did that on day 3 cuz the #7 was slow and many cruisers figured it out by day 2.

About how long does the shuttle take? I am thinking we might go to Horseshoe Bay on the day we leave port. If I leave port on the shuttle at about 2 will I have two hours on the beach and get back safely if we pull out of port at 6? I'm a bit nervous to do it that way.

Alternatively, we could take the RCL shuttle which leaves at 1:30, costs $35 and will definitely get us back in time. If we do that we'll be cutting it close to the excursion (non RCL) that we're planning in the morning - the catamaran (Rising Son II) gets back at 12:30. Is there a sufficient place at Horseshoe to have lunch if we cut it close and don't have time for lunch in between?

Is that excursion (transfer to Horseshoe Bay) likely to sell out or is it one that can accommodate lots of people? One choice might be to leave it till the last minute and try to get on the excursion.

Appreciate the advice! I've learned a lot already reading all your Bermuda posts.

Best,

Beth