Upsell fairy called...

Alas, no third email. Maybe they sold out....:(

Thanks for the info, and confirming the process was similar to ours (and others). We never got a third email either, we had taken the upsell offer immediately after the second email arrived. Also, I'm not 100 percent certain that they DO send out a 3rd email, that info was from somebody else, so if the website is still showing "your" cabin available, I'd say give them a call!

Never rely on 3rd time lucky when it comes to up sells. Others are getting similar emails and all it takes is for one person to accept their offer. Best advice going forward is, if the offer is doable and you want it, don't gamble but accept.

I received two emails, then waited until 5 days before we sailed and called just to ask if they had any Haven rooms available for up sell. We were hoping to get into a Courtyard penthouse, but they offered us a 2 bedroom suite for less than what we were going to pay for the courtyard room. Of course we took it happily. It looks like if you want to upgrade to the Haven you have to make the call.

We also took the offer from the 2nd email, so no 3rd email for us. The offer I got had our choice of 3 different suites -- the SF aft balcony that we took, and two Haven suites. I think one was a 2 bedroom and the other was the owner's suite.

I hope I don't get too attached to the suite and it's amenities, or I may never cruise again. The listed price for those cabins is way too rich for this girl! I probably wouldn't have gone for this one if we hadn't been going to Alaska, but I have several friends who have raved about the aft balconies for Alaska, so I decided to try it.

Never rely on 3rd time lucky when it comes to up sells. Others are getting similar emails and all it takes is for one person to accept their offer. Best advice going forward is, if the offer is doable and you want it, don't gamble but accept.

I was really very surprised at how SLOWLY the target cabins moved, even with the upsell emails. In our case, 13 days out, there were 14 of 20 H4s available on Breakaway, and 7 of 18 H5s. The upsell email price (for us) was $1000 pp for the H4s (and an H3, although half the time the website said it was "sold out," so we weren't taking that category seriously) and $750 pp for the H5s. I started paying attention 10 days out, called 9 days out, paid more attention over weekend, and by the time Monday rolled around, just 6 days before sailing, there were literally 13 H4s and 4 H5s still available. And an H6 had opened up -- so between 13 and 6 days out, with benefit of upsell email they had sold about THREE of the approximately 21 Haven suites still without passengers.

Monday's 2nd email dropped the price by $250 pp for all categories and added an H6 to the H5s still available (now priced at $500 pp). They also dropped the price on all categories: H3 went from $4699 pp to $4299 pp, H4 from $4299 pp to $3799 pp, H5 was around $2399 and dropped a bit, can't remember, ditto H6. I don't know if that brought self-upgraders out of the works (there were still good promo perks for new suite bookings in April), and I did talk to some guy who claimed he had jumped in on the last week, had contacted Upsell and negotiated a 25% reduction in rates for his H4 (in other words, a completely new booking with all the perks). But for whatever reason within 2 days of Monday's email and price drop, though list prices were still relatively very high compared to other sailings, virtually all of the Haven suites were gone. It's quite possible they did not "need" a 3rd email given that the Haven was now fully booked.

Before you call back get on line and see what is available and check the price history on one of the price checking sites.

Go to the call armed.

You can then counter offer and request specific cabins, everything is for sale, don't forget your friends you can(check with them first) negotiate an upsell for them, we got a reduction when we said we would take two suites, they would not budge on one.

We also took the offer from the 2nd email, so no 3rd email for us. The offer I got had our choice of 3 different suites -- the SF aft balcony that we took, and two Haven suites. I think one was a 2 bedroom and the other was the owner's suite.

I hope I don't get too attached to the suite and it's amenities, or I may never cruise again. The listed price for those cabins is way too rich for this girl! I probably wouldn't have gone for this one if we hadn't been going to Alaska, but I have several friends who have raved about the aft balconies for Alaska, so I decided to try it.

Hello-enjoy that cruise! I hope all is wonderful! I have sailed aft, really awesome, still no Alaska tho!

Hello-enjoy that cruise! I hope all is wonderful! I have sailed aft, really awesome, still no Alaska tho!

Thanks! Where did we go when we cruised with you? Do you remember? This is our 4th time to Alaska!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our cruise in March on the Epic, there were a ton of Haven cabins still available the week before our cruise. Prices dropped and I know upsell calls happened -- we talked to one couple who booked an upsell on Tuesday (we sailed on Sunday).

We booked our Escape cruise in January for February of 2016 in an H4. We are going 2/20 -- this is not a holiday week. Just a regular week between President's Day week and the beginning of spring break. Right now, only H3s and H7s are available to book. It has been this way for several weeks. I keep checking in case availability opens with lower prices -- it hasn't happened and now the cabins are not available. I keep checking back because I know there is always a chance of people canceling or big box TAs releasing cabins back to NCL.

Now I'm glad we booked when we did. I'm curious if the Escape Haven will continue to fill or if the upsell fairies will be working hard trying to fill the Haven this time next year. By the way, the Haven prices for our Escape cruise were $800 more per person than what we paid for the Epic. There was only about a $100 per person difference between the Escape and the Getaway. So prices are definitely up for next year compared to this year. Our dates were flexible and we asked our PCC to find us the best prices for a few different weeks.

I've checked my booking on NCL.com to see if cabins above my category are still available . When I look at the price for 4 guests it reads "N/A # of guests " for ALL categories . Then I try for 2 guests and I get tons of empty cabins including 2 bedroom cabins , family balconies, family insides and even a GV. You can't tell me those staterooms don't accommodate 4 guests easily . Wonder why it won't let me book 4 guests in a single cabin.

I received two emails, then waited until 5 days before we sailed and called just to ask if they had any Haven rooms available for up sell. We were hoping to get into a Courtyard penthouse, but they offered us a 2 bedroom suite for less than what we were going to pay for the courtyard room. Of course we took it happily. It looks like if you want to upgrade to the Haven you have to make the call.

Is there a special number that you can share?

I've checked my booking on NCL.com to see if cabins above my category are still available . When I look at the price for 4 guests it reads "N/A # of guests " for ALL categories . Then I try for 2 guests and I get tons of empty cabins including 2 bedroom cabins , family balconies, family insides and even a GV. You can't tell me those staterooms don't accommodate 4 guests easily . Wonder why it won't let me book 4 guests in a single cabin.

I may have to do with lifeboat capacity.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks! Where did we go when we cruised with you? Do you remember? This is our 4th time to Alaska!!

I think the Pearl...not sure any more lol! We stilll haven't done Alaska, with a little one now, we probably won't for a few years. Is Bogut going to win it?

Got e-mail yesterday from upsell dept. We are in a inside now paid $1700.00 all together. Could upgreat to a varity of suits. Lowest was the family suit $750.00pp. Dont know if I would also get the promotion of the free alcohol or not. Called today to see if they had an ocean view upgrade available. Really would like a suit but to much. They said no other upsells available. Might try calling next week again. Sailing on the Dawn on 06/19

Worth giving them a call. Was this the first email you got? I didn't call after my first one but the next one was half of what they originally offered

I didn't think the first one was worth it either. Our UDP did transfer over without any problems, but that may have been because it was still a current promotion. The risk you run by waiting for a second email is that other passengers may think this is a good deal and take all the available suites, but if you're not willing to pay the first offer its a chance worth taking. Good luck!

Also just thought I read if I did get this upsell. I would not qualify for the promotion. Does anyone know if that is true? Booked an inside in May and just got $25.00 credit. If I go to a suite would I get the Promotion package of alcohol?

The promotion didn't change for us. We had booked a balcony and kept our UDP, but didn't get the combined package of promotions that passengers who originally booked the suites would have received. Worth asking about that too though if you get another offer