DAWN AND SUN PRINCESS- Bringing beverages onboard

segcruisers

This has been answered MANY times but here is the answer again.:o You can bring bottled water or soda on board. People do it all the time. It doesn't matter which ship either. For alcohol each person is allowed 1 750m bottle of wine. You can bring more wine but will be charged a corkage fee of $15 for each bottle. Some embarking ports are more strict then others. You never know. Not to be mean but next time do a search on a subject before posting a question. I couldn't tell you how many times this question has been asked.

This has been answered MANY times but here is the answer again.:o You can bring bottled water or soda on board. People do it all the time. It doesn't matter which ship either. For alcohol each person is allowed 1 750m bottle of wine. You can bring more wine but will be charged a corkage fee of $15 for each bottle. Some embarking ports are more strict then others. You never know. Not to be mean but next time do a search on a subject before posting a question. I couldn't tell you how many times this question has been asked.

Thanks for answering so promply.

I did do a search and even asked for answers from the past year. I did find all the information you have offered me but I was wondering if anyone had first hand experience of recent attempts on DAWN and SUN Princess. I have sailed several times on these ships and in the past they were not so strict but I was wondering how they are these days.

2. How strict are they regarding bringing alcohol on board at each port?

Wine allowed, no spirits or beer.

"Passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption except one bottle of wine or champagne per person of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage only in his/her carry-on luggage. A corkage fee of $15.00 U.S.D. per bottle (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by You and consumed in the ship’s public areas. Any wine(s) or champagne(s) supplied by the Carrier to You as a gift are not subject to a corkage fee. At embarkation, all luggage will be scanned for suspected alcohol in excess of the one bottle policy as provided herein. Your luggage will undergo a secondary inspection by a security team operating under CCTV (closed circuit surveillance) or in the event Your luggage is locked, You will be notified and are required to attend the secondary inspection where any alcohol found in violation of the one bottle policy will be removed and discarded. Carrier shall not be responsible for any loss, cost, disappointment or damage of any kind as a result of any alcoholic beverages removed in violation of the one bottle policy. You agree to surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom on the last night of the voyage."