Lutefisk on Carnival?

No walleye either!:D:eek:

"Lutefisk... Oh Lutefisk... how fragrant your aroma

Oh Lutefisk... Oh Lutefisk... You put me, in a coma

You smell so strong... You look like glue

You taste just like an overshoe ":p

Highly doubt any cruise line that caters to Americans will have Lutefisk. Most won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, and as evidenced above, many don't even know what it is.

I dont know but I am pretty sure I smelled Surstromming in the buffet area but then again that may be normal.

I cant wait for the midnight Durian Buffet.

Sign me up for that! How about some balut shooters to go with it? :eek:

Highly doubt any cruise line that caters to Americans will have Lutefisk. Most won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, and as evidenced above, many don't even know what it is.

My dad was a commercial fisherman for over 50 years and I spent many years fishing with him and I even have never heard of it.

My dad was a commercial fisherman for over 50 years and I spent many years fishing with him and I even have never heard of it.

That's probably because you live in the south, probably aren't Lutheran and never fished in Lake Wobegon. Think pickled crappie left out in the humidity for a few days. :D

That's probably because you live in the south, probably aren't Lutheran and never fished in Lake Wobegon. Think pickled crappie left out in the humidity for a few days. :D

Nasty... yeah it was down in the Florida Keys

My husband and his family are all Minnesota Norwegians and Lutherans and had lutefisk (which is soaked in lye) on Christmas Eve when all the relatives were there. I, being neither a Norwegian or a Lutheran, could not get beyond the horrible aroma and weird texture. I think one must have to be born to it. My in-laws would go to Lutefisk dinners in MN and WI every winter and compare which little church has the best. Some of the aunts and uncles still go to them, but the younger generations like us (ahem, we are in our mid-60's) just never got into it.

When Food Network Chef Alton Brown was in MN on a motorcycle trip, he and his crew grilled lutefisk outside. Alton took a bite and tossed it into the woods. Bizarre Foods host, who lives in MN, Andrew Zimmern, couldn't eat lutefisk either. Now, think about what he eats for a living. As I say, what a hoot!

Unfortunately it's alive and well in Wisconsin! I was told it was dried cod or whitefish rehydrated in lye. If you can get near enough without gagging, it looks like white fish in a gelatinous substance. My cat took one sniff and started to roll in it.