New Dining Policy -- Official as of 4:20 EST

coldflame

I have 2 cruises I can't get out of, but when I'm done with those this summer, I'll be moving on. NCL has really become the bottem of the barrel cruise line.

My son has food allergies and I usually pre-order. But with splash academy, he doesn't always eat with us as planned, or he has to run off before the food comes(sometimes dinner takes a looong time). The staff has always let me take his food to the cabin so he can eat it later. What the heck is he going to eat if he can't have his food for later? This is not workable for us.

To think I really liked NCL just 3-6 months ago. Pretty sorry now. The way they've treated people is just terrible.

This makes me smile. Many say nothing, don't care, etc. because a new rule, policy, charge, etc. does not affect them. They shake their head and ignore and some even bash those that do have something to say about it.

However, once something does affect them........BAM! They have something to say.

Not directing this at you personally but there are many here that fit what I just posted.

Harriet

Totally agree!

Pat

It is my understanding that people that take plates, utensils and glass ware tend to put them in the hall after eating, this has been creating issues for people in wheel chairs and people needing to use the handrail. These items are not picked up till the morning

Honestly I don't like this new policy but this makes sense actually, especially with the narrower halls on the new ships. We always leave our plates, glasses and silverware in the room and the steward always removes them. Maybe they should stress not to ditch your sh** in the hall.

Has it been removed from FB? I sent the entire article and link to the Senior Director she supposedly quoted. Edited - the article is still on FB. People are not happy, from reading the comments there.

I just found the article on Cruise Critic's FB page a few minutes back.

I really hope that this is just a mistake. :confused:

OMG! So... I haven't checked CC for a few hours and I saw this on Cruise Critic's FB page!

Are they going to assign staff members to guard the buffet exits??? I can't believe this! :confused:

"Norwegian Cruise Line has banned takeaway food from its ship restaurants, main dining room and buffet areas. In other words, if you want to bring food to someone in your cabin or bring your dessert back to your room to enjoy later, you won't be able to do so."

Is there anyone on board right now who can verify this? Like someone else said, are they going to stop you from taking your ice cream cone out on the pool deck:confused:

This makes me smile. Many say nothing, don't care, etc. because a new rule, policy, charge, etc. does not affect them. They shake their head and ignore and some even bash those that do have something to say about it.

However, once something does affect them........BAM! They have something to say.

Not directing this at you personally but there are many here that fit what I just posted.

Harriet

Of course it was directed at me, you quoted me. Just to be clear I say plenty when it affects me. Why would I say anything if it didn't? Since I don't know you at all I'll assume this was a passive aggressive comment directed at others to get your point across. Happy to provide you with a smile. :)

As far as the topic goes like others have posted, I really hope it was misconstrued and the buffet is not included in the changes. Seems it would be difficult to enforce and I really hope they don't try. Hope we get clarity on the subject soon.

Is there anyone on board right now who can verify this? Like someone else said, are they going to stop you from taking your ice cream cone out on the pool deck:confused:

I'm sure we'll get more reports in the next few days.

Stopping people from bringing buffet food/ice cream/drinks to their room is going to be a lot of work for the staff. I wonder how are they going to do this...

We returned Monday from 3 day on the Sky. We where in an aft suite, 4 people. We had udp. My daughter got sick but asked me to bring her back a bowl of French onion soup from libistro. I asked server for the soup to go and I was not allowed to take it with me. However since we where in a suite they did call the butler with out my knowledge and gave him the soup for my daughter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course it was directed at me, you quoted me. Just to be clear I say plenty when it affects me. Why would I say anything if it didn't? Since I don't know you at all I'll assume this was a passive aggressive comment directed at others to get your point across. Happy to provide you with a smile. :)

As far as the topic goes like others have posted, I really hope it was misconstrued and the buffet is not included in the changes. Seems it would be difficult to enforce and I really hope they don't try. Hope we get clarity on the subject soon.

Do you seriously not know why, or are you just trying to stir the pot?

If I'm driving down the road and I see that your house is on fire, (which btw, does NOT affect me) would there be a reason WHY I should say something. Or, since it doesn't affect me, should I simply say nothing?

A world full of self-absorbed, self-centered people will affect us all. :(

If safety in the hallways is a concern, maybe they should just institute a new "rule" of leaving the dishes in the room instead of the hallway. I have a feeling there is more behind this, if it is true.

An awful lot of changes in a sort amount of time.

NCL seems to be upsetting a lot of its customers. it could lead to a lot of customers going to other cruise lines.

We are 1st time cruisers on the NCL lines. I was disappointed when I heard that McSheehan was no longer with the cruiseline, as I thought he had a pretty good handle on what made vacationers happy. As I have only cruised on the Disney cruiseline... price prohibitive this time around, I researched and felt for the price that NCL was the best bet- may parents are huge fans of Royal Caribbean. Hope I'm not wrong. As long as I can take my soda to my room, and perhaps the buffet stuff to the pool, or outside seating, I have no problem with not taking anything from the other restaurants, although sometimes once the dessert comes around I'm a bit full. Depending on what it is, that's what large purses are for....lol.;)

My biggest worry is how smoky everything is going to be. I am allergic. We are going to be on the 10th deck, mid. I hope I picked the side that wasn't above the smoking area. We will see, I guess.

We just returned from a Royal Caribbean cruise and had considered NCL for our next vacation. I was already put off by some of the policies, but this is an absolute deal breaker for us. While I have never taken food to go from a sit down restaurant, we certainly do visit the buffet and bring it back to our room. Having a special needs child and being a family that actually spends a fair amount of time in our stateroom, means that we often snack in our room. As long as this policy stands, NCL will not even be a consideration for us.

So far, the rule about the buffet is unsubstantiated, so getting mad about it at this point is really a waste of time and just getting everyone's blood pressure up. Until we see something that is on the Norwegian Cruise Line's site, we should calm down and see what happens.:)

If they enforce it (guards at the exits), it will be a PR disaster. Passengers will video record altercations, post on Social media. More than likely, they will post it then look the other way hoping most will comply. I will take my nachos to my balcony and enjoy the view. Maybe I will become viral in some social media in the future....

Why would I say anything if a change didn't effect me? Because I can certainly see how it could affect others negatively. And I can also see the absurdity and hypocrisy of it in light of a policy which allows food to be carried to your room by room service staff, for a "fee" of course, and I can be vocal about it even if "it doesn't effect me".

Too many people have repeated "it doesn't effect me *shrug*" like a mantra as NCL has rolled out their stirng of increases, new fees and crazy policies.

Edited by punkincc

The OP deleted the link, for whatever reason :rolleyes:

Here is the article

(4:20 p.m. EDT) -- Norwegian Cruise Line has banned "takeaway" food from its ship restaurants, main dining room and buffet areas.

"For our guests' well-being and to maintain a beautiful clean environment for all of our guests to enjoy, we ask that they enjoy their meals while dining at one of our many restaurants."

I'm sorry but I do not see the words "ban" or "not allowed to" or "can't" anywhere in that statement. I see "ASK". While it may come to the point of being a ban, that statement does nto say that at all.

I'm sorry but I do not see the words "ban" or "not allowed to" or "can't" anywhere in that statement. I see "ASK". While it may come to the point of being a ban, that statement does nto say that at all.

It absolutely said BAN. Eye guess u didn't sea it lol

I can see it now. One person gets stopped for taking out food. 20 people run by with their food. Or people are going to start bringing huge purses or beach bags into the buffet. Health and safety. Ha :rolleyes:

I don't do room service, but I do bring back cookies and chips on plates and I leave them in my room for the room steward to take them away the next morning.

Ya missed my point. Of course the common sense thing to do is leave the aforementioned items in your room. When the other poster said:

It is my understanding that people that take plates, utensils and glass ware tend to put them in the hall after eating, this has been creating issues for people in wheel chairs and people needing to use the handrail.

He/she seemed to be blaming the items in the hallway on those that "take" those items to their rooms themselves, I was simply pointing out that people that get the $7.95 room service ALSO leave those items in the hallway. :D:D:D

Edited by bbryan5