2016 Harmony Prices unbelieveably high

Checking out pricing for 7 night Med cruises in 2016 the prices are the same for 7 nights as we are paying for 14 nights on Anthem this year with and 14 nights on celebrity Equinox

( and yes we did get the perks this year as well)

no point booking early I'm sure the prices will fall dramatically after Christmas as usual.

Checking out pricing for 7 night Med cruises in 2016 the prices are the same for 7 nights as we are paying for 14 nights on Anthem this year with and 14 nights on celebrity Equinox

no point booking early I'm sure the prices will fall dramatically after Christmas as usual.

It's no surprise at all, it's a NEW ship. And as far as booking early, have always booked well in advance for the last 30 or so cruises, usually the price never goes lower, and if it does you get the lower price regardless at long as you haven't made final payment. And and when you say "as usual" that is incorrect....:cool:

It's no surprise at all, it's a NEW ship. And as far as booking early, have always booked well in advance for the last 30 or so cruises, usually the price never goes lower, and if it does you get the lower price regardless at long as you haven't made final payment. And and when you say "as usual" that is incorrect....:cool:

:what:

Anthem is new this year. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Maybe it's the time frame. Are you looking at similar week?

As previous posters said, new ships cost so much more, you may be able to get a suite on a older ship for what a balcony cost on new ones. I rather have a older suite

New ships are always overpriced. Nothing new. Want to go on them, pay the price........:rolleyes:

I'm speaking about Harmony:rolleyes:

Try and follow along. :rolleyes:

OP said Harmony next year was higher than Anthem this year.

Three people replied saying prices are higher on new ships.

Guess what, Anthem is new this year.

That was my thought process

YMMV

As others have said, new ships often carry higher prices. A few other factors influence price, such as time of year, and port fees. I have priced out a few cruises, and was surprised at the cost of some of the port fees. Really hard to compare unless you factor things like that into it. Still though, new ship often leads to higher price.

Now, if you are more interested in seeing this ship, as opposed to having a bunch of ports, then check out the transAtlantic from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale. My wife and I are booked on that one. It is 13 nights, in a central park balcony room for $3K (Canadian) for both of us. That does not include any of the promotional perks because the new ship and transAtlantic are ineligible. :). Two port stops, both places in Spain we have not been to before ...

As others have said, new ships often carry higher prices. A few other factors influence price, such as time of year, and port fees. I have priced out a few cruises, and was surprised at the cost of some of the port fees. Really hard to compare unless you factor things like that into it. Still though, new ship often leads to higher price.

Now, if you are more interested in seeing this ship, as opposed to having a bunch of ports, then check out the transAtlantic from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale. My wife and I are booked on that one. It is 13 nights, in a central park balcony room for $3K (Canadian) for both of us. That does not include any of the promotional perks because the new ship and transAtlantic are ineligible. :). Two port stops, both places in Spain we have not been to before ...

The November and early December sailings are on par with Oasis and Allure from what I've seen

What I very compared is 14 nights on anthem of seas (new) and harmony 7 night, for me booking in the UK the prices are similar

Looking last year anthem was over priced, and then came down by over £1000 after Xmas here in the UK,

We cannot get price drops without cancelling and losing perks and deposit here in Uk, so it's best to wait til next year to book, 7 nights ( as want to try this class of ship)

YMMV

Mine too. Thank you. I was starting to think it was just me. LOL

What I very compared is 14 nights on anthem of seas (new) and harmony 7 night, for me booking in the UK the prices are similar

Looking last year anthem was over priced, and then came down by over £1000 after Xmas here in the UK,

We cannot get price drops without cancelling and losing perks and deposit here in Uk, so it's best to wait til next year to book, 7 nights ( as want to try this class of ship)

Still curious what the time frame of the two voyages you are comparing

YMMV

That is what I was thinking also

Booked Harmony for 3 July 2016 on 7 night med from Barcelona. Booked on opening day for C&A and got a D8 Balcony for £2450 for 2 people inclusive of tips and premium drinks package. Price is now showing £3100 on Royal website!

YMMV

Spot on, they're just cheerleaders.