LIVE - on the Jewel - 9 days Alaska

sc2011

Thanks again, would you be kind enough to check out those obstructed oceanview staterooms on deck 8 to see (if you could) the windows are all blacked out, or maybe it's just for select cabins with the lifeboats outside - if you walk outside on the promenade deck #7, look up & you should be able to tell - we're on the Jewel a few years back when it was based on NYC.

Sadly, they are going to have the window 'treatment'. My TA looked into this for us a couple months ago when we first booked. The rep at NCL said no, my travel agent had them actually email a contact on the ship and it was confirmed there is actually a film applied to the windows.

Sadly, they are going to have the window 'treatment' ... and it was confirmed there is actually a film applied to the windows.

Thank you for the followup - will make a note of this as the questions came up not long ago from others, we're on her 4 years ago & had 3 obstructed OV cabin on deck 8 (it was clear then & the white overalls were outside on the walkway sometimes, passing by, LOL) BIL/SIL is leading a small group later this month on the Pearl so they're going to check things out as well although they are staying on deck 11 themselves. We have Alaska on our radar for 2016 although we are now looking at other lines instead. ;)

Hope you are enjoying the remainder of the cruise - let us know how's the MDR and O'Sheehans - food, service & pace of services, and, are the crew members super Happy Happy, Smiley Smiley ? since they should all be getting better "rewards" & recognition.

Edited by mking8288

Internet is great so far. Speed is good. I'm in a forward suite and even on balcony it's working great. On previous cruises it's been spotty, going in and out. But this has worked perfectly so far.

I'm going to inquire higher up about laundry and will report back. No problem if it's just one, but I'd like to know.

If you get an opportunity would you take photos of your forward suite please. The DH and I are in the pre-plan stage for 2017 as we wait for the new schedule in December. He has me just about talked into a forward suite. I am also interested in the wind factor but I heard for Alaska it is the perfect balcony to have.

I'm on jewel right now and the daily says there is a room service charge of $7.95 so it did start.

Thank you for the update ... and, "do you swear & testify that ... the truth, the whole truth" :D Just kidding, appreciate the information. If you could, please keep that Feestyle Daily for history & perhaps later on, you can post it & share for the pom pom's to find a way to spin the story their way, again.

Anything in writing about the "alleged" new no-takeout policy in writing, please keep eyes open for any other "surprises" on the sailing. We have folks sailing on the Pearl next weekend & they've had no official or fomal communications or notifications from NCL about these changes since they aren't "friends" of CC but they did learn about some of the rumors on Facebook laely - and, not happy about being kept in the dark by NCL, showing no good faith effort at all.

Haven't seen anything about the take out yet. Did see some people take from buffet and walk out. I'll update about the restaurants :)

And the new room service menu that has been going around CC was just handed to me. But I'm in the haven so it's all free. My menu doesn't have the fee listed.

Edited by amarvel

Just got off the nine day that this thread addresses. We went to the officer Q&A. The hotel director confirmed no takeout from specialty restaurants and affirmed that it's a new policy but said that they couldn't police the buffet.

This was my first cruise, so I didn't have OPs celebrity treatment.:). The cruise was fine, but I didn't fall in love with cruising at all. I had said before the cruise that because of the way you have to sign away rights (such as the cruise line's right to change policies whenever they want but those changes don't give you the right to cancel if your cancel window is over) that I won't cruise again. This cruise didn't change my mind. It is a convenient way to go, just not enough so to justify the one sided contract you have to sign.

Alaska was beautiful, sunny, warm. The cruise was good for helping us figure out where we want to go when we fly up in a few years.

Just finished a 9 day cruise on Norwegian Jewel to Alaska. Weather was wonderful. It seemed that most excursions were up and running. We did not book any through the cruise line. We got off ship in Skagway and booked Klondike hwy tour. It was great. I highly recommend this cruise.

[quote name='MissLiss76']Sadly, they are going to have the window 'treatment'. My TA looked into this for us a couple months ago when we first booked. The rep at NCL said no, my travel agent had them actually email a contact on the ship and it was confirmed there is actually a film applied to the windows.[/QUOTE]

My daughter is on the Jewel now, she is on Deck 8 Obstructed, no film, large picture window.