Cape Liberty Port question

daljcl

My family will go to the pier early while I have to work until noon When I arrive at pier, I will have all the luggage. Last time we sailed out of Cape Liberty, I was able to drive up, unload car, then park. Is it the same now?

Thanks,

Jackie

My family will go to the pier early while I have to work until noon When I arrive at pier, I will have all the luggage. Last time we sailed out of Cape Liberty, I was able to drive up, unload car, then park. Is it the same now?

Thanks,

Jackie

The parking lot is the same. Nothing new. You will feel right at home. :) (only the terminal itself is in a different spot.)

The parking lot is the same. Nothing new. You will feel right at home. :) (only the terminal itself is in a different spot.)

Merion how is the parking situation? I've heard that it is not yet finished. Do they have enough space to accommodate all who would want to park? Any insights would be greatly appreciated

Hi-

I am sailing out in July with my four kids. I am driving from Michigan with my four kids - does anyone have any suggestions for places to stay overnight before we leave the port in the morning? Thank you! I plan to park my car at the dock area in the lot.

Hi-

I am sailing out in July with my four kids. I am driving from Michigan with my four kids - does anyone have any suggestions for places to stay overnight before we leave the port in the morning? Thank you! I plan to park my car at the dock area in the lot.

The are some reasonably priced hotels in the Elizabeth area, near the Jersey Gardens Mall. We've stayed at the Residence Inn a couple of times. There is also a Country Inn & Suites and a Courtyard Marriott in the same complex.

Hi-

What route are you coming in from Michigan? What is your exact date? Are you five or six people?

A strategy we recommend after a long drive is to stay within an hour of the port in a more suburban area with less expensive hotels, restaurant choices, and other services. You don't have to deal with the confusing and often busy roads at the airport and you can just get on the highway and drive straight to Cape Liberty the next morning.

Hi-

I will be coming from Troy, MI and driving I-75 and I-80 towards Bayonne, NJ. It will be myself and four kids for a total of 5 people. I will drive in on the 24th for the boat which is leaving on the 25th.

Edited by rboogren

Rooms for 5 are tough in the Newark airport area. I'd look at Hotels in the Parsippany NJ area. The properties are newer and in a more suburban area with restaurants and services. I'm seeing Embassy Suites for $159 ($182 with tax) - two room connecting suite with a sofa bed. That same room at Newark Airport is $227 with tax.

IMO by the time you drive all the way from Michigan you are going to want to get everyone off the road and not get involved with the the Friday night NY metro traffic.

"Accommodating up to 6 guests this 2 room suite can connect to another suite for added space and also features a separate living area with a sofa bed. Additional features of this suite include 2 flat-screen HDTV's, marble vanity in the bathroom and deluxe bath amenities. Enjoy the complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Evening Reception daily."

If that doesn't suit, there will be other options along route I80 in the Parsippany area. On a Saturday morning it should be about 45 minutes to get to the port.

• 3 weeks later...

We are coming from Shelby Township, MI on the 13th. I booked the Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsiippany. Got the room with AAA for $81 with tax and they have breakfast. Mapquest shows its about 36 minutes from the port. Right off the expressway so no traveling back and forth to get on and off.

Not sure how to get a question in here,but as long as we are at port.....does anyone know the best round transportation from Mid -Manhattan to the port? Also, need a car seat... Thanks

We are visiting friends for a few days before our cruise. They live in mid town Manhattan and we have the same need as you. They suggested Dial 7. 212-777-7777 or online. We have a cruise on Saturday and have them booked for $70 (after their $5 coupon) for a minivan (4 of us, their website says up to 6)moron the hotel to CL. They are also picking us up post cruise for $115 from CL to LaGuardia. Not sure on the car seat - call and inquire I guess.

have to get suv for car seat....thus, $150...thanks for your info

Anyone else know how to get to Cape Liberty from Mid Manhattan with car sea t for 4 A 1 ch......sailing sat. jun 13th.