Drink Package billing question?

If I go to Cruise Planner and order the drink package will my credit card be processed at that time or just sometime before the cruise if I am months out from the actual cruise??..Thanks

If I go to Cruise Planner and order the drink package will my credit card be processed at that time or just sometime before the cruise if I am months out from the actual cruise??..Thanks

Your credit card will be charged immediately.

Ok...thanks...I will wait til I get onboard...can't see them using my money for 6 months...if they offered a discount to do it now, as an incentive sure...and yes, of course I know the prices may go up, but anyway..

Ok...thanks...I will wait til I get onboard...can't see them using my money for 6 months...if they offered a discount to do it now, as an incentive sure...and yes, of course I know the prices may go up, but anyway..

Points on your credit card!

Look at the (drinks) glass as half full instead of half empty!

;)

Yes...have some OBC...have a Carnival credit card...going on Sunshine Oct 2 to bermuda..already have about 600 obc on that one...so will wait on getting the drink package...don't really see an upside doing it now for myself...still thinking about it... I drink beer, some wine, but would love having margarita's if they have something like 'Skinny Rita's Watching my sugar... anyone know??..If not they should offer it...

I kind of don't think they would be using your money. Unless they needed gas money for 10 seconds. There is so much money flowing in and out, and their accounting most likely isolates the funds per ship, with profits/losses being moved to the master account once everything is accounted for.

However, prepaying and charging it on your credit card. Lots of different thoughts here. Are you financing it, or paying it off immediately? If financing it, it would make no difference when you buy it for yourself. If you are paying if off fast, than you might not gain the interest in savings at 0.05% interest for 6 months.

The real incentive is that you save money if you drink enough.

Bottom line is you pay for it when you want. Regardless, it does not make much of a dent for RCCL. I prefer prepay simply because, I have the money, I don't want to see a final bill, and feel prepaying for everything, makes it an all inclusive vacation.