Is Miracle still stopping in Puerta Vallarta....

Markmom18

Hi,

I was just on RCCL site here on CC concerning stops in Puerta Vallarta. Has there been any talk of Carnival skipping PV? Our son and his friend go at the end if August on Miracle.

Thanks!

Bobbi

PV is a huge city. It's like saying, "Don't go to Los Angeles because of the latest shooting in Pacoima."

The blockade happened a few weeks ago. When did the gas station and bank burnings take place? The photos seem to be undated. Where in PV is this taking place? Not near the Church or Malecon.

Edited by SadieN

PV is a huge city. It's like saying, "Don't go to Los Angeles because of the latest shooting in Pacoima."

The blockade happened a few weeks ago. When did the gas station and bank burnings take place? The photos seem to be undated. Where in PV is this taking place? Not near the Church or Malecon.

That article was from May 5th/15. Here is the updated page from the US Gov't Travel Advisories:

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html

Also, I found this alarming: Additionally, according to a widely publicized study by the agency responsible for national statistics (INEGI, the National Institute of Statistics and Geography), Mexico suffered an estimated 105,682 kidnappings in 2012;

That was taken from the US Gov't link, above

Also, I found this alarming: Additionally, according to a widely publicized study by the agency responsible for national statistics (INEGI, the National Institute of Statistics and Geography), Mexico suffered an estimated 105,682 kidnappings in 2012;

That was taken from the US Gov't link, above

Don't go to America

"According to National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, referring to U.S. Department of Justice reports, about 800,000 persons are reported missing every year, making it above 2,000 missing persons a day. Around 5% of these are under the age of 18"

You may not realize it but many folks from outside the USA are afraid to come here because they read about all the guns and shootings that occur in our country!

Puerto Vallarta is the loveliest city port on the itinerary(IMO). Hopefully whatever took place will not continue or bother the many expats who live there with the locals and who have been there for years!

The expats from the USA and Canada remained in Mazatlan to when the cruise ships stopped coming and they were fine! I suppose that whenever you travel things can happen but as you see in the news things can happen here in the USA too!

Hi,

Thank you all for the information, I do appreciate it. My husband and I honeymooned in PV 27 years ago. Our son's first vacation in PV was when he was 6. As a family we've taken land and cruise vacations to PV the last 20 years. Anyway, he's familiar and wouldn't go past old PV. I agree that it is the highlight of this Miracle cruise. So, I hope RCCL keeps the Port.

Thanks and I'll check from time to time.

Bobbi

Didn't answer the question of when this took place. Just the Gov's response.

Please avoid LA. Our crime rate is way above average

http://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/california/los-angeles.html

And New Orleans. They are mowing them down in broad daylight. Hasn't been a shooting at the port yet, but it is getting closer.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/magazine_street_shooting.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2015/05/11/cruise-canceled-puerto-vallarta/27130245/

A Carnival Cruise Line vessel scheduled to visit Puerto Vallarta on Tuesday, the 2,124-passenger Carnival Miracle, will go ahead with the call but some shore excursions have been canceled "in an abundance of caution," Carnival spokesman Vance Gulliksen tells USA TODAY.

You may not realize it but many folks from outside the USA are afraid to come here because they read about all the guns and shootings that occur in our country!

Puerto Vallarta is the loveliest city port on the itinerary(IMO). Hopefully whatever took place will not continue or bother the many expats who live there with the locals and who have been there for years!

The expats from the USA and Canada remained in Mazatlan to when the cruise ships stopped coming and they were fine! I suppose that whenever you travel things can happen but as you see in the news things can happen here in the USA too!

We love PV and will be sailing on the Miracle again in September and looking forward to visiting your beautiful city!

I read an article stating Disney has also cancelled stops in PV

And Royal Caribbean just announced today that they are making no more stops to Puerto Vallarta. I can only imagine the others lines will follow suit...

Hi,

I was just on RCCL site here on CC concerning stops in Puerta Vallarta. Has there been any talk of Carnival skipping PV? Our son and his friend go at the end if August on Miracle.

Thanks!

Bobbi

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2015/05/11/cruise-canceled-puerto-vallarta/27130245/

oops old news :o

Edited by chipmaster

Our last cruise, 2012, did stop in PV. We actually prefer to spend our 2 weeks vacation in PV. But, a cruise stop is very nice too! The thing we did notice, and lived, was the new Malecon pedestrian area. That used to be a road with everybody in their taxi's & cars .

Yes, I too, just read that RCCL will be not going here. Personally, our stop in Mazatlan in 2012 was more edgy. I'll keep reading for any changes...:)

Bobbi

I just got back 2 days ago from the Miracle. We did stop at PV, but half the tours were cancelled. Anything going north... i luckily had the extreme Canapy booked and it was amazing. I loved rapelling down the water falls and zip lining!

I was on Miracle for May 2 sailing. Day before arriving in PV the captain made an announcement over the PA that all land excursions were being cancelled due to dangerous activities in PV. A letter then arrived in our cabin saying that they felt it unsafe to offer any land based excursions but the ocean based excursions were still being offered.

Since ship offered excursions are such a high profit maker for the cruise lines they must have been very concerned to cancel all the land ones.

Miracle's arrival in Mazatlan was met with Mexican army patrolling streets in armored personnel carriers. The Mexican army soldiers were all in combat uniforms with head gear that covered their faces and roof mounted guns that were definitely not for show.