Not so silly question about Sponge Bob

Going on a Family Cruise with my children, their spouses and my 10 grandchildren. My youngest grandson was a little nervous about being on the water on a cruise ship. I told him sponge bob would be there and he felt better about the whole idea. I heard Nickelodeon has not renewed their contract. Does anyone know if they will still be on the Breakaway in July? If not, we will have to have a talk about that with an eight year old.

That is a rumor that has not yet been confirmed. I would imagine IF the contract is not renewed it will be for 2016. SpongeBob and Patrick will be on your July 2015 cruise. Order him the SpongeBob/Nickelodeon night time sail away gift. We got it for our son and he still sleeps with the pillow case and night light. Have a fun trip!

That is a rumor that has not yet been confirmed. I would imagine IF the contract is not renewed it will be for 2016. SpongeBob and Patrick will be on your July 2015 cruise. Order him the SpongeBob/Nickelodeon night time sail away gift. We got it for our son and he still sleeps with the pillow case and night light. Have a fun trip!

I'm just guessing, but if that contract is not renewed, it will be in the future or you'd be seeing remodeling done in the kid's pool area.

I'm just guessing, but if that contract is not renewed, it will be in the future or you'd be seeing remodeling done in the kid's pool area.

Oh wow, I wonder what they would do if they didn't renew for Getaway and Breakaway. Their whole kiddie water area is dedicated to Sponge Bob and his "friends". :confused:

Where do you guys get all this false info from? NCL spent millions acquiring the franchise from Viacom media. In fact NCL has an annual sail with nick cruise through 2019.

The contract is a standard entertainment licensing agreement for a minimum of 10 years. With NCL having "FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL" on contract extension.

Where do you guys get all this false info from? NCL spent millions acquiring the franchise from Viacom media. In fact NCL has an annual sail with nick cruise through 2019.

The contract is a standard entertainment licensing agreement for a minimum of 10 years. With NCL having "FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL" on contract extension.

Wow! :rolleyes: Here for starts, among other posts:

Pay attention to post #5

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2200254&highlight=nickelodeon

And here...post 2:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2196498&highlight=nickelodeon

And here from the very beginning:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2192145&highlight=nickelodeon[/

Going on a Family Cruise with my children, their spouses and my 10 grandchildren. My youngest grandson was a little nervous about being on the water on a cruise ship. I told him sponge bob would be there and he felt better about the whole idea. I heard Nickelodeon has not renewed their contract. Does anyone know if they will still be on the Breakaway in July? If not, we will have to have a talk about that with an eight year old.

Good News for you....

I was talking with someone from NCL's Office in Miami...a VERY reliable source. He assured me that the contract is still in place and Sponge Bob will be entertaining your grandson in July.

I hope you (and he) have a great cruise! :)