What's up with the Splendor?

LadyDAC

It's supposed to dock in Norfolk tomorrow but it's not showing up on Cruise TT. It was there Thursday night but tonight May 10 shows nothing but it shows it in Norfolk May 16. When you click on the Splendor it shows "no information available" for May 9 - 11. It shows it in Nassau and Freeport during the week and in Norfolk May 16. On Marine Traffic it shows it hanging off the coast of Florida, around Daytona, and heading west. I wonder if it's going around TS Ana. I hope it's able to make it to Norfolk tomorrow.

Edited by LadyDAC

It was in Miami this morning when we returned on the Breeze. We docked between the Glory and the Norwegian Getaway and a little further down the way was Splendor.

Edited by djcass4199

Maybe it has something to do with the tropical storn going up the coast of the Carolnas right now.

^^ This ^^

Looks like those cruisers may get an extra day on board !

I can't wait to see her pull into the Norfolk cruise terminal! I took Monday off from work to go downtown and see the ship. :)

Perhaps you should go into work Monday, if not, take a windproof umbrella, a chair, some water and snacks - you will be out there waiting quite a few hours.

Edited by lizardhowson

We just disembarked the Splendor yesterday and they were leaving at approximately 11AM. The bosses had planned great parties for the crew while no passengers were onboard. I don't think I have ever seen such a happy crew. It says a lot when one day off means so much, but I guess if I worked that many hours I would be ecstatic too. Absolutely one of the friendliest ships I have ever been on with superb service and food. I sure hope the storm doesn't ruin their fun.

She's not due to dock until Monday morning, so they are probably going about 15 knots, cruising along the coast. Maybe they're going to avoid the storm, but they have to make sure they are there in Norfolk on Monday morning.

So excited 6.5 weeks until I board in New York!

She's not due to dock until Monday morning, so they are probably going about 15 knots, cruising along the coast. Maybe they're going to avoid the storm, but they have to make sure they are there in Norfolk on Monday morning.

So excited 6.5 weeks until I board in New York!

It was originally showing in port today. Storm is supposed to hit us tomorrow. Hopefully it can get in and out again despite the storm.

It was originally showing in port today. Storm is supposed to hit us tomorrow. Hopefully it can get in and out again despite the storm.

I think they'll be alright. Local news is saying the storm won't be much to worry about when it arrives here.

Did anyone get around to seeing the Splendor today? :) Was it on local news? Such a good day for Norfolk! I hope all of these sold-out cruises on Splendor give Carnival a reason to place a ship there for a longer period of time! :D

<a href=DSCN1451_zpsk4t8dskt.jpg' alt='DSCN1451_

DSCN1449_zps3hrq0xhr.jpg

Was downtown this afternoon and took these. After work picked up my wife and daughter and we went out to Ocean View Fishing Pier and had supper on the upper deck waiting for her to come past.

Was really cool as you could see the rain chasing the ship as it went over the tunnel then engulf it and pass it. To far away for good pics.

We will be on board in October!!!

Edited by bm6pm5

<a href=DSCN1451_zpsk4t8dskt.jpg' alt='DSCN1451_

DSCN1449_zps3hrq0xhr.jpg

Was downtown this afternoon and took these. After work picked up my wife and daughter and we went out to Ocean View Fishing Pier and had supper on the upper deck waiting for her to come past.

Was really cool as you could see the rain chasing the ship as it went over the tunnel then engulf it and pass it. To far away for good pics.

We will be on board in October!!!

WOW. Those are beautiful photos! Thanks so much for taking them, and it seems like you had a very nice time watching her leave! So glad to see her in Norfolk, I hope this brings good news and revenue to the city!

I'm sure you will have a great time onboard, I will post a review of my four night to Canada in June, so be on the lookout!

Great pictures! I watched it come into port this morning on MarineTraffic.com because I was stuck at work and couldn't see the real thing. :mad: I will go down there before it leaves again. I just wish it would stay here until school is out. It's killing me that it's right here and I can't go anywhere!

Edited by LadyDAC

We dropped my FIL and his wife off at the terminal yesterday morning to board. She was a little late getting in. We got to see her as we were crossing the tunnel to Norfolk - she was sailing right over us! Was a sight indeed.

This was FIL's first cruise, but he gave us a call around 12:30pm and said they had finally gotten checked in and were waiting to board (we dropped them off just before 11am) - he said the computers at the terminal were down so they were manually checking everyone in! He said there were lots of unhappy folks around. I really hope Norfolk gets their stuff together because I love seeing ships sail from here! I personally wouldn't care if they were checking us in with an abacus and chiseling stone as long as I could board haha.

I'm sailing Splendor from NYC in September, so it was very exciting to see her in person for the first time (I think)!

I just wish they would fix their Web cam, it was working yesterday finally for a little bit, got a rain full view, today it was back to black on forward and everyone watching a movie....in the dark... Can't wait for her to come to NY and get me the end of June, Love this ship and her aft wrap balconies!

Norfolk built built that brand new terminal to encourage these ships to come into this great city. I wish we could see Carnival and the others offer more cruises from here more often. They are truly unique to go over that great bay bay bridge tunnel. These cruises always go out full so why not offer at least 1 or 2 more?

We are cruising out of Norfolk (to Bermuda) in October. The suites and balconies have been sold out for several months. The price for an interior is several hundred more than we paid for a balcony so at least on that cruise, they must be making a lot of money cruising out of Norfolk.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

Norfolk built built that brand new terminal to encourage these ships to come into this great city. I wish we could see Carnival and the others offer more cruises from here more often. They are truly unique to go over that great bay bay bridge tunnel. These cruises always go out full so why not offer at least 1 or 2 more?

I really wish Carnival would open their eyes, and see that they are sold out Splendor's Bermuda cruise in about a month full, and all of the other Norfolk cruises are sold out too, but the Imagination struggles to fill up every week, so they offer $30 cruises to the Platinum guests ? :confused: I have always wondered what it would be like if Imagination replaced Ecstasy, and Ecstasy came to Norfolk for the summer, and somewhere like San Diego or Port Canaveral in the winter. But, until I own that billion dollar business, I'll stop talking ;)

We have cruised out of Norfolk twice and Monday will be our third. We cruised out of another terminal and it wasn't no where near as nice as what is in Norfolk.

Also, it is the people that make the Terminal and I always say the vacation starts as soon as I pull up in the car. The people there was more fun and welcoming than most of the people at the other place!

These three pics were taken on Monday. The rainy one is in the morning, when Splendor was arriving. You can just barely make her out coming through the dog to the left of the small white ship (Victory Rover).

Another is looking across Town Point Park at the Splendor docked at Half Moone Cruise Terminal.

And the other is of sail away, taken from the balcony of the terminal.

ImageUploadedByForums1431486201.852917.jpg.744492962f3282ef1d1c7c02daf5eb55.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1431486224.014024.jpg.8893412bf77d67ef67af5a28f11d5f10.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1431486243.907412.jpg.cc22955d58fbe32648fc45d262fe9b82.jpg