Disembark ? from a first timer

AprilJ

Just read the whole "triump disembark nightmare" thread which has led me to ask a few questions.

If you are able to get FTTF, does this allow you to disembark earlier or at a more specific time then waiting for your # to be called?

What does self assist disembark mean?

If it means you carry your own bags off, do you leave first? We are fairly young 40's and would have no problem carrying our own suitcase on & off.

If your waiting with everyone else to disembark is there someplace to go eat and wait since you have to be out of your room by 8:30am? Can you still get a room service wake up on the last morning?

We are sailing on the Triumph out of NOLA June 2016 and will have a 6hr drive home ahead of us, but will be in no major rush to leave - just would like to understand all the options.

TIA!! =)

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't worry about any of it.

Put luggage out the night before.

Get up in the morning.

Head up to the Lido Deck, enjoy some breakfast.

Sit back, relax, and watch the freak show as people fight and scramble to get off the ship.

When they announce last call around 10AM or so, leisurely get off the ship and head home.

Just because you're scheduled to depart as a Zone 4 or whatever, doesn't mean you have to depart at that time.

If you have FTTF you will get zone 2 tags. (Or one, I can't remember) doesn't mean you have to get off, just means if you do then your luggage will be unloaded and waiting for you in zone one. The lido buffet will be open. I don't know about room service.

I agree with klfrodo, don't worry about it. I know thread you are referring to and while the poster was unhappy I don't think their experience reflects disembarkation for most people.

With FTTF you will get low disembark number, it will be based on how many diamond and platinum members. You may disembark anytime after your tag number is called.

If you do self assist you keep your luggage in your stateroom the night before disembark. You will need to carry it with you until you leave the ship but self assist are called by deck levels and are often off the ship before 8:30 out of room request.

I have sailed several different Carnival Class ships. Our preference has always been, put the luggage out the night before, keep a small rolling overnight case for the next morning leave the stateroom about 8 ish and go to the MDR for a last breakfast. After breakfast if our zone number hasn't been called we have never had difficulty finding a spot to wait.

Please enjoy the planning process for your cruise and don't worry.

Get up in the morning.

Sit back, relax, and watch the freak show as people fight and scramble to get off the ship.

When they announce last call around 10AM or so, leisurely get off the ship and head home.

Just because you're scheduled to depart as a Zone 4 or whatever, doesn't mean you have to depart at that time.

Good advice.The bonus to being one of the last off - the crowds have dispersed and your luggage will be really, really easy to find. :D

You can always leave later than your number, but not before. If doing self assist, you can leave anytime after self assist had been called.

Many times we self assist and wait til we see a break in the line.

We go later because we would get stuck in rush hour traffic if we left too early.

Get up in the morning.

That sounds like my kind of plan, thank you!!!

Thanks everyone, I'm not one to be in a rush, especially to end a vacation, so I think we will just mosey on up for some breakfast and find a place to people watch until its time to head home.

The problem with self assist is, even though they call passengers by deck, as soon as they call the first deck 3/4 of self assist go ahead and try to leave regardless of which deck they are on.