Ultimate Beverage Package

Your guess is as good as anyones. It was immensely popular. So maybe yes, maybe no.

Helpful? :D

It was popular. We booked because of it. I guess my question comes on the heel of the CEO's comment that there have been no complaints in regard to the drink price increase. I was convinced that it would probably be reintroduced, but thst made me think it was a one and done.

I just asked about this on the Getaway this past week and was told by the Future Cruisers Consultant that it will definitely be offered again-likely in August or Sept for Wave season promos. :)

We are giving NCL a go because of it. If it's still offered we may stick with NCL.

If it's offered again by august, we will probably book another NCL cruise for Nov.

if not, I will price search all cruiselines for the best deal

It's nice for us since because my husband doesn't drink, therefore without having a free package, I have to pay for all my drinks ala carte, as I certainly can't drink enough for both of us!

The free UBP promotion was the deciding factor in choosing NCL Getaway for my next cruise. (First time on NCL) In fact, having not sailed yet, I booked another cruise for December before the promotion ended...

The free UBP promotion was the deciding factor in choosing NCL Getaway for my next cruise. (First time on NCL) In fact, having not sailed yet, I booked another cruise for December before the promotion ended...
Pretty much the same here. I just got off a RC cruise two weeks ago. I've also sailed on Carnival, Princess, and HAL. The drink package promo was very tempting considering it would cost about $700 on most lines for a seven day cruise. I've never sailed NCL but with that promo plus both kids sailing free on the new Escape next year it was the best deal around so I booked it. We put our drink package to heavy use two weeks ago on our RC cruise! :D Edited by tallnthensome

Celebrity cruiselines "Pick your perk" promotion which includes the classic drink package has been going almost nonstop for the last year. I have a feeling NCL will come out with another offer that includes the UBP. Perhaps only offering it for Balconies or above ?

Celebrity cruiselines "Pick your perk" promotion which includes the classic drink package has been going almost nonstop for the last year. I have a feeling NCL will come out with another offer that includes the UBP. Perhaps only offering it for Balconies or above ?

I think we lean towards cruiselines that offer more all-inclusive promos. It definitely feels nice having everything "paid" for in advance and not having a big bar bill/specialty dining bill at the end of the cruise.

That being said, I am not going to pay 1,200+ for an oceanview if I can do an inside for 300.00 and just buy the perks individually

I've been eyeing celebrity's deals, good to know that the pick your perk has been going on for a while - they are a cruiseline I would like to try

Thought you all might like to know the free UBP etc is now appearing on my side of the Atlantic, on the UK site, says its valid until May 29...not sure if they will let you book it the US side! Here it is...but not sure if it will open for you

http://www.ncl.co.uk/offers/freestyle-choice-explorer/

My daughter missed out on the promo here in the U.S. I booked with the U.K. site then canceled her original booking to get the promo.Not only did she get the UBP( $900 value) but the cruise fare was $12.00 cheaper with the exchange rate.

It seems like the Freestyle promotion will be around for a while. Question: will we ever see the UBP offered again as an incentive?

Who knows. Its great for the consumer (even if I didn't choose it) but it really makes no sense for a company that's worried about getting an additional $5 per person per day in spending to start out in a $60 per day hole.

My daughter missed out on the promo here in the U.S. I booked with the U.K. site then canceled her original booking to get the promo.Not only did she get the UBP( $900 value) but the cruise fare was $12.00 cheaper with the exchange rate.

Did u book through the UK site online...then call and cancel through the US number? I think I might do this too to get he UBP and the cruise is cheaper!

Did u book through the UK site online...then call and cancel through the US number? I think I might do this too to get he UBP and the cruise is cheaper!

I called to book.I tried to do it online but my card kept getting declined due to my banks fraud protection .I called my bank and told them the charges were legit ,the bank told me to call NCL direct and they would allow the charge.Took me about 10 minutes.I guess youu could do it online but notify your bank that you will be making that charge so they dont stop it.The only thing you should know is that if you cancel with the .uk. site you lose your deposit.Just keep that in mind.

Edited by HighVoltage#9

We have this package on both of our cruises this year.Has anyone had any problems with it? We're mostly beer drinkers.

No, it's a great package! I am not a beer drinker, but if you got it during the promo, it is still a great deal! I usually tip a little extra to get a little better service, hehe, although the service is great even without the extra tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have this package on both of our cruises this year.Has anyone had any problems with it? We're mostly beer drinkers.

We had it on both of our cruises last year, and we would not sail without it, promo or not. It is a very easy program that runs flawlessly. On CC I've not read about any issues with it that I can recall.