Pearl to Alaska Specialty Restaurant Timing

jrmama496

We will be on the Pearl to Alaska and are planning to go to a Specialty restaurant only on one night of the cruise. Trying to figure out the best night. Does anyone have any advice about which nights are the best ones to miss dinner in the MDRs? Are there any pictures of recent menus? Also, I know there is no formal night so no need to say we can dress up whenever we like but we would rather eat in the MDR on the "Night Out" night so does anyone know when that is?

We were on the Pearl last year to Alaska and only ate in specialty restaurants on two nights. We chose the Monday night "at sea" and also Friday night as the ship will be leaving Ketchikan early afternoon. So those are two nights where there would not be potential conflicts with port excursions.

What seems to work best for my wife and I is to check the menu in the morning for the MDRs and decide then if we want to eat at a specialty. For the most part getting a reservation is never a problem. The only restaurant you may have an issue with is the Teppanyaki because of the limited seating.

What seems to work best for my wife and I is to check the menu in the morning for the MDRs and decide then if we want to eat at a specialty. For the most part getting a reservation is never a problem. The only restaurant you may have an issue with is the Teppanyaki because of the limited seating.

I am not sure if this advice currently holds. We came off the Pearl repositioning cruise last Thursday, and except for the first night, and except for La Cucina or Moderno, we had a hard time making day of reservations, although a willingness to eat at 5:30 or 10:00 made it a little easier (10:00 was a definite no for us). I think the recent promotions that have included the UDP package has increased demand for the specialty restaurants, so I would recommend making dining reservations either prior to the cruise or early on in the cruise.

I would be more concerned with port times in Alaska than in the menus in the MDR when deciding what night to enjoy a specialty restaurant. While the food in the MDR is OK, it is not that special and one menu tends to be a lot like the next.

We will be on the Pearl to Alaska and are planning to go to a Specialty restaurant only on one night of the cruise. Trying to figure out the best night. Does anyone have any advice about which nights are the best ones to miss dinner in the MDRs? Are there any pictures of recent menus? Also, I know there is no formal night so no need to say we can dress up whenever we like but we would rather eat in the MDR on the "Night Out" night so does anyone know when that is?

We're taking this cruise next month as well and we reserved the Teppanyaki restaurant for Friday night. That's the only specialty dining we're planning on!

I asked the roll call group on board now If they would post the dailies when they got back. They said they would. So keep checking that roll call and on here for it.

I think the current cruise is a 10 day so their nights would be a little different from ours. Also, I'm not sure the dailies would say what night is the "night out." I have some from last year and that is not listed. And they definitely wouldn't show the MDR menus. I'm hoping there are recent pictures of MDR menus out there somewhere.

Edited by jrmama496