Anniversary on board but can't reserve table

cassandra44

My husband and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary on board the Star on June 2nd. We would really love to be able to make a reservation at Manfredi's for June 2nd (our actual anniversary) or for the 3rd after we leave St Petersburg.

Unfortunately because we are in category V1 or 2 - I can't recall which - we are not allowed to make any reservations even though this will be a special occasion for us.

I have emailed Viking Oceans about this but have not received a reply.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how we might be able to make a reservation on June 2 or 3?

Anyone we might contact to see if something can be done?

When you get on board go speak to the Maire D. It is clearly stated that in the V1 and V 2 cabins you can't pre make your reservations until you board.

I am sure you will have a lovely anniversary dinner on-board The Star.

Generally speaking it seems Manfredi's has not been busy immediately upon opening each evening. So go straight to dinner reservations when you board and ask.

Your actual anniversary might be tough to do an early dinner depending on plans for St Petersburg. The second night might be after sail away so you are certain you would be on the ship and ready to dine.

Keep an eye out for how the first visit to St Petersburg works as far as tours and timing coming up later this month.

Not sure what you've got planned for St. Petersburg, but quite honestly, after we got back from each day of our jam-packed Alla tour there 2 years ago, we were both so tired we headed straight to Oceania's "World Cafe" equivalent to have a nice but quicker dinner. In your shoes, I would probably just consider getting to SPB an adequate way to celebrate your anniversary and go to Manfredi's another night. Of course, if you're hardier than me, or not planning as much those days, perhaps it won't matter much. Enjoy, whatever you do!

My husband and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary on board the Star on June 2nd......

Unfortunately because we are in category V1 or 2 - I can't recall which - we are not allowed to make any reservations even though this will be a special occasion for us.

You cannot make advance reservations (as in weeks or months before sailing) but there are plenty of reservations that can be made once on board the ship. (see my blog post at travelinsubman.wordpress about "Dining on the Star")

I have emailed Viking Oceans about this but have not received a reply.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how we might be able to make a reservation on June 2 or 3?

Anyone we might contact to see if something can be done?

You need to decide where you want to dine. You have three table service options: The Restaurant, The Chef's Table, and Manfredi's. See my blog post about the differences between them.

Once you know which one you want, I would go to that restaurant a little while before they open for dinner on the first night. Depending on the restaurant you will want to talk to either the regular waiter handling the desk (for The Chef's Table it is a very nice and helpful person named Obrad) or talk to one of the striped officers (like Andrea or Zorum at Manfreddi's) and let them know about your special occasion. They will take very good care of you.

I would NOT try to use central reservations for this, you want to go to the restaurant before they open for dinner on there first night of the cruise as I note above. That is where you will find personal and special treatment for your anniversary. We will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary in St. Petersburg on May 27th. But we have still not even made up our mind which restaurant we want to use. Probably Manfredi's. Once we choose, we will set our plans in place.

Edited by CrusinSubMan

As soon as you board head straight for Manifredi's and setup your dinner. I had no problem reserving their private room for 10 for my 50th Birthday Party. They were very accommodating and will make sure you have the evening you are hoping for. Make sure Viking knows it is your anniversary on June 2nd. This will make a big difference on how well they are able to accommodate you on that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, everyone.We will certainly do as suggested on our first evening....We arrive in Stockholm about 5 p.m. on day 1 so it's going to be a bit of a rush... but we will make it a priority.

Do you know which restaurant you want and what time you want? Tell me your cabin number and last name (you can email me at jmckinsey@lockelord.com to prevent it from being broadcast all over the internet) and I will probably be able to arrange it before you are even on board.

Do you know which restaurant you want and what time you want? Tell me your cabin number and last name (you can email me at jmckinsey to prevent it from being broadcast all over the internet) and I will probably be able to arrange it before you are even on board.

Thank you so much...have just sent email - if you dont see it it may go into your junk folder....

That's very nice of you...much appreciated!

Do you know which restaurant you want and what time you want? Tell me your cabin number and last name (you can email me to prevent it from being broadcast all over the internet) and I will probably be able to arrange it before you are even on board.

CruisinSubMan...just wondering whether my email got through... I'm a bit worried it might have gone into the junk folder....

• 2 weeks later...
CruisinSubMan...just wondering whether my email got through... I'm a bit worried it might have gone into the junk folder....

Hi there,

I will also email you. Your reservation is taken care of and they know its your anniversary as well. When you get on board, check with Manfreddis for your exact reservation time.

Happy Anniversary!