Excursion Question

beachnut41955

I am booked on the Royal Princess for the 10 day Eastern Caribbean Voyager cruise in September. My travel friend and I have excursions decided and booked with the exception of Princess Cays. We wanted to book a clamshell and "floaty" chairs like we did on another cruise to the Caribbean on the Emerald Princess several years ago. When I go to the excursions Princess Cays is not in blue lettering giving you the option to book things there. Does anyone know why? We booked those things ahead of time before and wanted to do it again.

How far out are you from the cruise? It could be that they are just not fully loaded into the personalizer yet. I have had some ports loaded and able to book before others. You can for sure book in advance and advise it as we were just there in March and people were upset that when they walked up they were told the clamshells were sold out.

How far out are you from the cruise? It could be that they are just not fully loaded into the personalizer yet. I have had some ports loaded and able to book before others. You can for sure book in advance and advise it as we were just there in March and people were upset that when they walked up they were told the clamshells were sold out.

They're going in September.

To the OP, just keep checking from time to time. Often, excursions open up 120 days before sailing.

The same thing happened to me for the October 21st sailing. I wouldn't have thought anything of it but others on our roll call who are doing a B2B starting 10 days before we board have been able to book excursions for our cruise for a few weeks now. Something is odd about the way they seem to be selectively opening up excursions to some and not others. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a software glitch but if it doesn't change soon, I'm planning on calling them. You might want to do the same.

We got to PC on one of the first tenders. We had reserved a clamshell and had our pick of the lot. We got a great front row seat on the water and the ship. One trick with clamshells is to make sure they prop up the bottom about 10-12 inches. That allows air to flow through. We were there for several hours and were never hot or stuffy in the clamshell.

One more thing is that the clam shells are on the right (over the bridge) and the floaty chairs are probably on the left. That make take a little coordination.