Lunch at Blu on Embarkation day?? See article

Cruizen Susan

I saw this while browsing the internet. Does anyone know how true it is' date=' or if it has been implemented yet?

http://mjontravel.boardingarea.com/2014/05/16/a-real-enhancement-for-celebrity-cruises-aqua-class-guests/

Thanks!

Susan[/quote']

This article is dated for May 2014 and probably related to when the Summit was doing one-off events as test cases to see how they were received during the NYC to Bermuda season.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

I would love for this to happen on a regular basis and was thrilled when I heard that it was offered for Summit Bermuda cruisers last summer. Sadly, it was not offered for the Summit Canada/New England cruisers in the fall and does not appear to be happening for this year's Bermuda cruisers. As an Aqua Class cruiser, I thought it was a wonderful idea.

Just boarded Millennium in Vancouver today. Both Blue and Luminae were closed for lunch and Bistro on Five was closed "for maintenance". It seems like the more restaurants they have, the less choice they offer :/

PS. So much for Celebrity's statement on here that starting with the next sailing of each ship, Luminae would be open for lunch. #fail

Edited by florisdekort

Just boarded Millennium in Vancouver today. Both Blue and Luminae were closed for lunch and Bistro on Five was closed "for maintenance". It seems like the more restaurants they have, the less choice they offer :/

PS. So much for Celebrity's statement on here that starting with the next sailing of each ship, Luminae would be open for lunch. #fail

I can't believe that after Celebrity posted here that Lunimae would be open for lunch every day, that there was no embarkation lunch. That is ridiculous...

I was told this past week on the Summit that they do not have enough employees who work in Blu to be able to serve three meals a day. They would never be able to get time of.

You might not like the answer but that was from a person who would know on the Summit staff.

With those three restaurants being closed on embarkation day, it really sets the tone doesn't it.

This is getting very poor.

We like to eat lunch before we board the cruise ship. The board after 1pm when there are less people boarding and you can go right to your cabin.

Blu has never been open for lunch. At least on any of cruises we have been on. The Blu staff work at the other restaurants for during lunch period.

Last summer, the Blu was open for lunch on embarkation day on the Summit.

We like to eat lunch before we board the cruise ship. The board after 1pm when there are less people boarding and you can go right to your cabin.

I agree with you. We eat before we board. On the ship it is a feeding frenzy.

We just relax by the pool or on our balcony.

BLU for dinner and breakfast is fine for us...hope it is not changed. I believe menu was limited when they did try serving lunch there on embarkation day.

on Embarkation day we have lunch in Bistro or at Aqua spa cafe...before the crowds descend upon it!

the special lunch menus on Connie and Tuscan for sea days were excellent...not sure if that will be continued..but could become popular if they do and advertise it better.

I was told this past week on the Summit that they do not have enough employees who work in Blu to be able to serve three meals a day. They would never be able to get time of.

You might not like the answer but that was from a person who would know on the Summit staff.

They don't get much time off at all. When they are not in Blu, you may see them working elsewhere. As a reason not to serve lunch on embarkation? Perhaps if they have the day off between serving breakfast and dinner, I can understand it. Our sweet assistant waiter answered my question about her time off and it wasn't much even with Blu not serving lunch. Not serving lunch didn't mean they were off during that time.

I admit that in general Holland America's loyalty programme is rather lousy compared to the Captain's Club. But one of the good things are that members of the Mariner's Club are invited to an embarkation lunch in the MDR which is quite decent and away from the "madding crowd" in the buffet.

I admit that in general Holland America's loyalty programme is rather lousy compared to the Captain's Club. But one of the good things are that members of the Mariner's Club are invited to an embarkation lunch in the MDR which is quite decent and away from the "madding crowd" in the buffet.

Agreed. We are not loyal to any one cruise line, but find that this perk offered to HAL's repeat guests truly made us feel special. A very nice way to say "welcome back". It wouldn't work in Blu with the limited capacity there, but it's a lovely thought!

Edited by Palms2Pines2Sea

All is not as it seems on HAL. We have been on HAL cruises when more then 75% of the passengers were 3 and 4 Star Mariners. The embarkation lunch was so crowded they turned away some eligible folks. On Celebrity, if on one of S-Class ships we will often get aboard early (we are among many with priority embarkation) and immediately go to the Cafe on 5 for lunch. When the waiters are working (the last time we had lunch in that venue it seemed like all the staff was on an extended onboard holiday) the Cafe on 5 is perfect during embarkation.

Hank

I think I will stick to Bistro if available. Apparently Blu is not doing the brunch this year on the Bermuda cruise. One poster said MDR was not good at embarkation ---So I will just pay the $20 for the two of us in Bistro--